Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Amy Klobuchar Is in for 2020 Presidential Run

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Feb 10, 2019.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I doubt it. People are too riled up about Trump. That's why so many Dems are getting in the race. They smell blood in the water.

2. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

There is a difference between talking about policy from the interests of that time and talking about it from the perspective of why that country did what they did.

Keeping in mind the fact that we do the same type of actions all the time.....

3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

What were there in total 10-11 republicans that officially announced in 2012? 7 that made it deep in to the primary cycle. How'd that end up

4. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the torpedoes! Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Actually they are creating blood in the water. Should be fun.

5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you want the truth Limey....Absolutely it will.
    The more vocal wing of the Democratic party is pulling them leftward (Pocahontas, Bernie, AOC).
    More moderate Dems are in danger of their messaging and bombs will fly with their constituencies.
    If Schultz announces his Presidential run in the summer, he will split their allegiance and crash their party.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    If she were to somehow get the nomination she would have my vote. I can't sit this next election out by voting third party. It's too important. Last time I truly felt it was lose lose and it didn't even matter to me. This time it would be impossible for the Democrats to put someone in as un-electable as Hillary. As long as they try to put forth a candidate relatively center they have me. Now is the time for it too. Democrats are going to come out in droves to vote against Trump like the Republicans did against Hillary. Even more so probably. They can snag the most disenfranchised voters who sit in the middle like myself. We are easy pickin's right now. Just meet us a little halfway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The blood was already in the water. That's why more and more sharks are circling. Now, they might attack each other, but one of them is going to come out of it and end up with a nice snack.

8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not ready to give anyone a vote, but she certainly seems worthy of consideration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    He will split nothing. He'll be lucky to show up among the top five Democratic candidates. He's welcome to crash the party as long as he understands he'll be sitting in a corner by himself.

10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Wait, is this an indictment of the Clintons or Trump? In either case, is it not an indictment on Trump? ;)

11. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

Do you think anything major could get done since 2000 without having to go through the Clinton's? Especially if you're a developer in NYC? With Bill sitting up in Harlem pulling all the local politicians and then wife going to 2008 to take the hustle international.

C'mon

but yeah, Trump is running things like a mobster.....the irony abounds

12. gatordavisl

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Yes

I didn't suggest this.

13. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

In NYC? Doubt it.....all government payoffs for anything major ran directly through the Clinton foundation.

tribute

14. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Your "good man" did that all by himself, later apologizing for his embarrassing responses to the Senator.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    From a column originally published in the Washington Post
    Opinion: Klobuchar is Trump's worst nightmare

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting points on her viability against Trump...

17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What should really concern Trump is that Klobuchar carried every congressional district in Minnesota last November, including the two districts that actually flipped from Democrat to Republican as well as Michele Bachmann's old district.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    The interesting thing about this kind of mendacious argument against Obama is that Romney's statement was only true as it relates to asymmetrical cyberwar, of which Putin's Russia has no peer. Russia wasn't then and isn't now that dangerous as a traditional military power.

However, the same people making this argument want to now shoo Russia's asymmetrical cyberwar tactics under the rug as no big deal because they used it to help Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, the Clintons werent running a machine in New York. Their local connections were superficial at best. Bloomberg was mayor much of the time as an independent, not a Democrat. The governor in the state is Cuomo, whose family has always had an iffy relationship with the Clintons dating back to the late 80s early 90s. Neither are loyalists of the Clintons. De Blasio is, but that picture was taken before he was in office or even close.

Also, Trump failed as a developer. He runs a licensing business for the most part now and has since the financial backstop of his father disappeared with his death and he used his inheritance to pay off all the stupid debt he accumulated with failed businesses. Other people run the developments and he slaps a name on it for money. The last development built in New York with his name on it was developed by the Bayrock Group, whose managing director is a Russian mobster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. gatordavisl

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Will be interesting to see what she has to say at tonight's town hall. On a surface level, which is where the vast majority of voters make their decision, I just don't think she has the look or sound of an American president.