Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Am thinking the mask wearing thing is wearing very thin on people...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL

Lets not forget all the people who already had it that are being vaccinated, we will likely reach herd immunity well before July 1.
    A Johns Hopkins professor predicts the US will reach herd immunity by April, but many experts aren't so optimistic (msn.com)
    • In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, Johns Hopkins professor Martin Makary wrote that COVID-19 would be "mostly gone" in the US by April.

Read the article, his logic makes sense, we will see if he is right.

So far Florida, by vaccinating the highest risk first has made dramatic improvements in death rates and hospitalizations. I expect this to continue.

Despite having fully open schools for 6+months with sports allowed(the horror).

2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    You forgot to tell us to hide in our basement.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Part of the response you are getting is because your idea hasn't come from the GOV, you are looking around, looking at the data and making observations based on data.
    The drop is likely due to many factors but none-the-less the results are nice to see.

4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If you feel like you should do that by all means do so, I would never tell you to do that.

5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL

You realize the state numbers come from each health department? There is no false reporting of info. It can be verified man. Also you have inflated the position of the "data scientist".

Biden hasn't jacked up production either, more production was always forecast due to the way the manufacturing is done. We knew month ago production would ramp up. More vaccines more can be distributed, its that simple...
    Biden may have had a small effect on getting more supplies to give the vaccines but he didn't do anything to create more doses faster.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    I don’t mind it & am happy to continue doing it as long as it’s recommended by the experts

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As a responsible member of society, I will continue to wear a mask in/at such places, situations and times as suggested/required by the government's medical experts until it is no longer suggested that I do so. It really is that simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. tilly

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. tilly

I hate masks, but I also find my seatbelt uncomfortable some days too. I think we should all hang in there.
    The OP's point though is accurate in that people will begin to react as numbers drop. It's human nature.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. tilly

You need better friends man.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Actually, there has been false data reporting regarding schools. DeSantis only includes the under 14 group as part of his drive to prove that opening schools was/is perfectly safe. This leaves out 50,000 infections of HS aged kids.

DeSantis Omits Data on Child COVID Rates as He Touts Decision to Open Schools

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. tilly

You sir are bearing the wrath of not digging in to one side and only one. Voicing an opinion that does not run to the extreme is frowned upon. Let me speak for the rest of us that live in that gray area by saying "welcome aboard". :D ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. tilly

There are 49 other states. It hasn't been an issue in mine.
    Our info comes from Democrats so maybe some here will be more open to hear it.
    Have NC’s public schools had ‘very few’ COVID-19 clusters? | WNCT

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Someone once said that Covid would be almost gone by April 1.

Guess they meant this year, not last.

16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Honestly I may not wash every time I pee, I somehow don't pee on myself and since I shower everyday my junk is clean enough to eat off of... ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    So the data is actually being reported correctly but in a presser DeSantis used a variation of it and then corrected it later.

In fact Florida in person school is no less safe for kids than many states like CA, that isn't doing in person school..

18. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    You know, I have deleted my response to your tantrums at least 5-6 times. There is no point responding to some one throwing out baseless statements and then being presumptive enough to speak for the majority of 330 million Americans.

Any additional response would drag me down to your level of attempted insult hurling and serve no purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    It's about leadership. The republican governor in TX has never wavered on masks and I see near 100% compliance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    It's starting already. As soon as Covid is all but gone, you knew the anti-science crowd would simply say, "see? It went away. No big deal." in the face of a mountain of evidence.

This is the beginning of that.

Let's just hope their too-early touchdown dance doesn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.