Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Aileen Cannon thread

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Feb 23, 2024.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    upload_2024-3-2_2-31-51.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
  4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    It’s kinda cool she knows Trump is going to end the case when he wins in November and she’s just kinda playin along. Most GOP understand this. With the Fani Willis debacle and Cannon holding serve, everybody knows Trump will make it as if these cases never existed and they are down with that. I am too. Donald Trump is the greatest populist candidate of all time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    You sure do love your criminal.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Correction: I love the U.S. Constitution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    LOL. Did you love your criminal's dereliction of duty while he abrogated his duty to it while he gleefully watched for over 3 hours as his supporters assaulted policemen?

Did you love his plans to install fake electors? Or to strongarm his VP to violate the Constitution?

You support crimes as un-American as they come.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Do you believe in the Constitution?

9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You most certainly don't when it gets in your way.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Finally had enough of this one. Zero redeeming contribution. Becomes the fourth on the ignore list. No sense feeding this garbage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Remember these words: Populism does not end well.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Considering that Trump tried to circumvent the provisions of the Constitution calling for the peaceful transfer of power when an incumbent president loses an election it would seem that support for the Constitution and support for Trump would be mutually exclusive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Democrats owned the populist message for decades and now that a Republican is on that track, it won’t “end well.”

14. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    This weekend on Truth Social, Trump laid out a bribe to Cannon saying he would put her on the SCOTUS if he gets a chance if she plays ball with his classified documents case.

There is no good reason on earth this man isn't sitting in a jail cell awaiting his many trials.

15. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    And here it is.
    edit: Reuters Fact Check says this is a fake tweet. I have removed it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Gawd bless Judge Alieen Cannon.

Now please excuse me while I grab a paper towel.

17. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    Trump legally took his presidential records to Mar-a-Lago as lawyers Robert Barnes and Mike R. Davis said from the beginning. Once that's established the corrupt prosecutor Jack Smith has no case.

As an aside, Judge Engoron has been creeping on young women at the Equinox Gym on Long Island. He does it "every time he comes to the gym." James O'Keefe has the weird behavior on video. Hopefully some of the ladies will step forward to report what the judge has been saying to them. Are there any normal people persecuting Trump?

18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Some of you have to be very concerned with how Jack Smith is handling the classified docs case in Florida. Especially after the Fani Willis debacle in Fulton County, GA. Perhaps some of our Gator attorney friends can help us to see how Smith’s strategy of throwing haymakers at Judge Cannon in pleadings is a sound strategy for success. This would seem concerning to me in light of some of his issues in previous high profile government employee cases he has prosecuted.

Reading between the lines, it would almost seem Smith is resigned to the fate that this case is dead and is simply documenting his feelings with these court filings. I can’t discern any other rationale for a prosecutor to publicly chastise and berate a sitting judge in this manner.

Or is this really about a weaponized DOJ who thinks they can do and say whatever they want, get whatever they want? Regardless of who the judge is and what she knows or what she doesn’t know, going after a judge personally is never a sound strategy. Especially when the defendant is a former POTUS. All of this action seems very odd to me, as no prosecutor in their right mind would think this is how you handle such a high profile case. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Smith and Trump know each other on the side and Smith is intentionally sabotaging the case as a favor to a friend. Or perhaps Smith has orders from above to use the case for political theatre and sabotage it purposely, because the true goal is not to get a former POTUS on a charge like this.

Whatever the reasoning, it doesn’t add up logically. This case is DOA. With or without a Trump election win. Smith has ensured Judge Cannon will push back on him anywhere she can. If for nothing else, to prove her prowess as a sitting judge. She is still quite young and has a long career ahead of her. She’s not going to be mansplained into a corner by the likes of Jack Smith, who already has the reputation of a fumbler.

Tensions flare between special counsel Jack Smith and Judge Aileen Cannon — POLITICO

19. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020

What happened?? Were you duped by misinformation?

20. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Read slowly my friends, I thought the thread title said "alien cannon" as if we discovered an extra terrestrial weapon.

• Funny Funny x 1