Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

After new document is revealed, Warren struggles with questions of identity

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Feb 7, 2019.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  2. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    I guess your OP was off topic then?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    So what he himself said is, what, "fake"? But your take and your "feelings" are the real reasons :rolleyes:

4. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Then you missed the references to Bush 43 as "Shrub," "Bushco" and "President Vacation."

5. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    No I didn't. Just missed the nastiness and sheer volume of those comments. Most times those comments were accompanied by issues regarding the man's leadership. Not random insults for the sake of insult or personal attack. Hell, the right still cannot stop name calling Hillary Clinton-- and she's not been in politics for years. So it damn sure cannot be related to her leadership.
    The examples you list are far from the derogatory remarks I've seen on the Right.
    But the false equivalency on the right is something I have grown accustom to.
    And to be sure, I have never called trump by anything but trump.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    He is a politician, I'll try my gut every time when it comes to one of them.

7. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    Exactly what got us the current circus in the WH. :rolleyes:

8. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Two candidates with record setting disapproval ratings got us the current circus. Because we don't demand better from our candidates.

Enough of accepting poor character from our elected leaders. Heck we elect people who we know serially commit crimes and defraud their customers, contractors and taxpayers of massive amounts of money. Our current POTUS and Rick Scott are two great examples and I'm sure there are more.

We have to demand better to get better.

That means Warren should be out for the Dems, whether Dem leaders force her out, she does it voluntarily, or the voters show her the door.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I agree, the trouble is good clean people for the most part don't want to deal with the BS on the national level. I know many well rounded, intelligent accomplished people who would never run for office, they don't want to deal with the nastiness or drag their family through it. I sure as hell wouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    That is a challenge. But we do have good people in politics. I think Kasich and Jeb were fine candidates on the Pub side last time. Policy stuff aside, I've never heard anything bad about either of them. Same for Sanders on the Dem side last time. We'll see who emerges this time, but I will be surprised if there aren't at least a couple of solid choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    And I have always referred to our leaders by their last title (Senator, Secretary, President, etc.) Too many here refuse to do that and would rather insult the opposing party.