Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

After new document is revealed, Warren struggles with questions of identity

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Feb 7, 2019.

1. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    But therein lies the ruse. trump is not fighting for my position.
    In fact he is fighting for the "positions" held by less than 30% of the country with the only real "accomplishment" being the deficit exploding tax cut for less than 2% of this country.
    And yet a very large portion of his fan base is ecstatic about legislation that has no benefit to them at all-- and in fact will be a detriment to them in the long run as well.

This is the current perversion. The belief that politicians cannot serve anyone but those that voted for them. That's not how this works-- or ever has. A Senator or Representative represents his or her state. A state full of voters that may or may not have voted for the current Senator or Representative. Their job is to represent all people not just the fan base.

This includes the president.

PS: Warren is the "amateur" in your comparison? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Are you serious? Trump is the most mocked, criticized and ridiculed president in history by a long shot. He brings it on himself, but arguing that the right being mean to Obama was worse is ridiculous. Obama never had the entire media apparatus tearing him down. I'm not even saying its wrong or anything, just that the comparison is way off base. If you compare Obama to Bush then you might have a point.

3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    On topic, I highly doubt Warren will ever beat this "Fauxcohontas" label that she earned.

It may not be fair in comparison to all the deceit, fraud, bigotry, misogyny, traitorous behavior and other public gaffes Trump engages in. But it is what it is. Nobody has been able to say anything to get his base to care about any of it.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    But Trump, but trump!!

5. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Along with her ethnicity issues, a multi multi millionaire dogging on the coffee guy for being rich is classic stuff. She's such a phoney

6. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure.

But accurate!!! But accurate!!!!

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Agreed. Trump provokes people and then whines when people retaliate. He can dish it out but can't handle it. His most passionate supporters have grown to be almost as hypersensitive. They love throwing around the snowflake moniker yet they are the very first to get their feelings hurt and lose their minds when someone doesn't agree with them. In my opinion the Far Right has become increasingly insecure and deep down they are terrified how the world is changing around them. That's why the message of fear hits home with them so well. Trump isn't the start of something. It's the last hurrah for a dying breed that's terrified to let go. They barely had the numbers last time and they won't have the numbers next time. Unless the Democrats blow it with a Warren type candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I've mentioned this in other threads, but I think Warren should just go.

Doesn't change the fact that her failing that she is getting the most flack for, is almost completely meaningless next to the failings of the current occupant of the White House.

So while I think she should just get out of the race, why should she be considered any less viable a candidate than the current POTUS?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007

“But Trump, but Trump” on a topic discussing E Warren’s problems regarding her claims concerning her ethnicity? Seems many people “But Trump, but Trump” on just about every topic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Fair enough. I doubt I’ll vote third party this time around. More than likely I will be voting for a Democrat president for the first time ever. I don’t believe there is a perfect candidate. The problem for me the last time was each party put forth their most corrupt candidate. I’ve never been a straight ballot voter. I almost always go Democrat for Governor given they protect our natural resources more than Republicans do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    If Warren was running for dog catcher, then I'd have to agree with you but she is running for the same position Trump is currently holding, so the bar for character traits has been set. And it's lower than whale shit.

If this is a disqualifying character trait to be POTUS, then why would someone who regularly exhibits several worse character traits not also be disqualified to be POTUS?

The comparison is perfectly on point.

And I still think Warren should just withdraw.

That's where the bar should be set. Not where the current occupant of the White House has set it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    So ..... start a discussion on that matter instead of spamming every discussion with the same old worn out stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    From YOUR original post:
    If you don't like the topic don't start it.

My response is directly on point.

By comparison to the current POTUS, this character flaw is nothing, so why rail on her viability to be POTUS when the current POTUS is objectively much worse in several areas of his character?

That said, IMO, she should still withdraw or Dem voters should just find a better candidate. Keeping the bar at the current level is not in the interest of the country.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    It’s a discussion of Fauxcahontas-Liz, not the Donald. Your comments are off topic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    I think the Dems have learned from the Republicans. The see how the marketing of the brand is established by a larger field of candidates. Each one has their "favorite pitch" and in combining the field with several candidates, voters get a better feel of what the party is and wants. In a sense they are providing and outline of bulleted items that voters can identify with by combining all the favorite pitches to get the clearer picture of what the party represents.

IMO it may actually work. Folks seem too indifferent to candidates who can only briefly cover each high-point of their platform. Couple that with today's society of "quick to click" folks, I tend to believe that most folks attention span is very, very short.

I agree. Trump is the manifestation of the problem. While he did not win by many votes (when you consider how many votes he got in key states to take the electoral college) he does have a rabid following. And you and I agree; these folks are scared of the changes they see. They shouldn't be but again, the Republicans part and parcel package this fear for them on a daily basis and have done a good job convincing them that the USA is turning into something they don't want-- even though the changes will come and in many cases have already come that they fear for no logical reason.

16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Its called a joke...….

17. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I'll give this one to individual one. Call her "Loco-hontus". Should be a hoot. Your're welcome donnie. I'll pm you where to have your guy send the royalty checks. Hint: it's through a bank in Siberia. ;)

18. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Nah he realized he could go join John Morgan and make a ton of cash was easier.

19. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    If you wanted to discuss something other than her viability to be President, you shouldn't have started a conversation on her viability to become President.

A conversation on viability to become President will almost always include the person holding the office, and most particularly in this case, where the President has demonstrated repeatedly that no character flaw adversely impacted his viability to become President. And in fact some character flaws were apparently major sales pitches with his target demographics.

Who knows, perhaps the same for Fauxcohontas? ;)

She may well need to get much worse in order to really compete. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Still off topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1