Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

After new document is revealed, Warren struggles with questions of identity

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Feb 7, 2019.

1. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    I am an Independent voter who is really hoping the Democrats present a viable candidate I can vote for. I loathe Elizabeth Warren. I am happy this happened so the Democrats can put her in the rear view mirror and focus on someone else.

If they roll out the usual suspects I’ll be voting third party in protest again.

2. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    No normal person would do what she did. Then again, no normal person would be running for president these days.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I get why Warren is frustrated with something relatively small (but still wrong) compared to other people’s flaws (way worse) but I don’t see how she shakes it. Here’s Donald being Presidential about it.

4. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    It could be worse than the usual suspects. Harris and Booker were immediately tweeting about how great AOC's green new deal was the other day. I will vote for a centrist candidate on either side, but I doubt we see one in this cycle as both sides seem to be driving toward the fringe and polls show there is little support for the center.

5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    That's pretty bizarre. One might think Trump put trail in all caps as a reference to the Trail of Tears, but Fox's Brit Hume assures us that the president is too ignorant of American history to have even heard of it.

Fox News pundit argues Trump is too ignorant to make racist taunt about Native American genocide

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  6. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    How come? (Not that I disagree/agree).

7. fortunateson

fortunateson Freshman

Oct 4, 2015
    This is classic hypocrisy by the OP and all the Buffoon's other minions. They will decry Warren's lying about her ancestry, yet most everything out of the POTUS mouth is either a made up fact or an outright LIE! Where is their outrage over that? POTUS and his followers think NO ONE is paying attention, when in fact EVERYONE is paying attention! #lockhimup

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    One lie is a big deal. It’s infinitely bigger than zero lies. The one millionth lie by Trump is only fractionally worse I guess.

9. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    To be fair I loathe most politicians. She simply represents the stereotypical politician to me. Like Crist she used to be a Republican then switched to Democrat for political gain. You never know if she's being genuine or not. I have a hard time taking her seriously. I think she's counter productive to the Democrats. Much like Cruz is for the Republicans. More of a punchline for the other side than an asset to their own party.

10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But she has high cheek bones? Lol...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    And Mee-Maw told her it was true ... so there’s that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    And her Pappaw too. How many bottles of the fire water did she down on that video?

13. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Donald is a shyster, and on the flip side, he is working his ass off to get his agenda done.
    Warren is an amateur, getting sidetracked by her stupid indian heritage claim. If Trump ran as a democrat (which he easily could have done), I'm sure most of you would be pretty happy that he was fighting for his (your) agenda. Let's face it, it's all about what they can do for their base.
    Head to head, would you rather have Warren or Trump fighting for your position, if what was important to you the outcome>

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Unequivocally wrong for me. I don’t agree with Machiavelli.

15. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    good luck with Pocahontas

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Not a fan. Just would not rather Donnie be my advocate even if he pushed a progressive agenda.

17. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    But that's the deal. I just don't see it coming from the "other side" in the volume and disrespect I have seen it from the Republican supporters, voters, posters-- as far back as Obama. Heck I still see folks calling Hillary "Hildabeast".
    And to add, we never had a president like this one who engages in such childish nicknaming as he has and does-- almost daily.
    If someone puts themselves in the public eye, I still don't see how that justifies name calling. After all didn't the first lady embark on an anti-bullying campaign? You see, this is the hypocrisy on the right I have a problem with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    If you read Charlie Crist's book you will see that the moment for him to switch parties came on a visit to Florida from then President Obama. He said he received outrage from his own Republican party for simply shaking Obama's hand and being cordial to him.
    It was then that he realized his party had gone off the rails. He realized that such partisanship was simply ridiculous and non-productive. Maybe the reason others like Crist have left the party.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    Perhaps. The two platforms are so different. I was a Republican once. Didn't like the direction of the party either. I didn't magically become a full blown Democrat though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 Senior

Nov 26, 2017
    I didn't magically become a full blown Dem either. I have voted Republican in the past (presidential elections) but became more and more tired of virtually no platform for the Republicans other than the "fear campaigning" and patent criticism of all ideas Democrat.

In my younger days, I did vote as a registered independent. But quickly realized that while I could pat myself on the back for not being a part of the system or maybe thinking I was sending a message, the hard reality was nothing was accomplished. Like it or not it is currently a wasted vote as there is no real third party platform that shows me anything valuable in changing the direction of this country. Maybe in theory, but certainly not in reality. So I have resigned myself to voting for the best candidate for the job within the two parties and have stopped looking for the perfect candidate. They all have flaws. Which flaws will effect their job performance? How qualified are they? That's the issues for me.

Given any private sector job there will be folks who perform their duties flawlessly and are truly an asset to their company. But I'm sure I wouldn't always want to know them on a personal level.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1