Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Afganistan / What Now?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorhead, Aug 12, 2021.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Never heard of him. But that was a fairly epic TV news meltdown. “Cut him off. You’re not gonna blame Trump on my show!!!”. Guy must have Trump pajamas....unbelievable snowflakery.

That veteran is the one doing the good work. Seems like a reasonable guy. Wonder why he’d even go on such a nonsense propaganda show/network? That host was just hellbent on labeling it a hostage situation and getting around to pinning it all on Biden, that was his entire agenda with that interview, and its actually counterproductive to the good work that veterans group is trying to do getting more green card holders and others out. I guess we now know where certain posters get their fake newz.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
  3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How many Americans are included in the 1000?

4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    No clue. Article does not say. I didn't present the article.

So the article does not specifically state if there were Americans on board, and it is unable to determine the reason for the delay. In terms of it being evidence that Americans are being held hostage it is pretty much an epic fail.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Really? You think it is the US bureaucracy that has been holding up these flights for over a week and half when they flights are going to a third party country?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  6. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Gen McKenzie came out yesterday and admitted the second drone strike, the one in Kabul, did not kill ISIS-K operatives but instead killed an aid worker and other civilians. Which gets back to the topic of it being difficult to intel and targeting info when you do not have any assets on the ground.

The good news is that reportedly one of the six planes being held on the ground by the Taliban was allowed to take off and leave the country.

7. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Moderator VIP Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I agree the intelligence on the ground has been greatly compromised with the way our withdrawal was handled. While onus stops with President Biden the actions taken by our military leaders is just as deplorable.

Of course there will be more consequences that will follow some of which are playing out now with our allies as well as the perception of what role the United States will continue to play internationally. I consider you to be one of the very few that will take the time to watch/listen to a 1hr 25min interview with Victor Davis Hanson by John Anderson (Deputy Prime Minister of Australia 1999-2005). John Anderson asks some very hard hitting questions that Victor Davis Hanson answers with utmost clarity.

In this Direct interview, John is joined by Victor Davis Hanson, Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution. Dr. Hanson addresses Biden’s role in the Afghanistan crisis, increased tensions between China and the US, and the future of the US-Australia relationship.
    Victor Davis Hanson | Afghanistan and America's Decline

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Just put it on my Play Next List.

9. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Well Biden just showed up at the UN and stated that the US has turned the page on Afghanistan. I'm sure the US citizens, LPRs, and special visa applicants left behind in Afghanistan appreciated hearing that is the case.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
  11. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Anyone see the end?

"We have a real hero coming up." He caught himself and backpeddled to say that the interviewee was a hero because he served. Sounded like the "I like war heroes that weren't captured" line from the Trump. "Support the troops," unless they say something that we don't like. "Back the blue," unless they are trying to prevent us from storming the Capitol. And yeah, what a tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Few are saying Trump is blameless when it comes to Afghanistan but he is not responsible for the debacle that the Biden Admin oversaw when it came to the execution of the withdraw. No one other then Biden is responsible for the American citizens, LPRs, and special VISA applicants left behind in country.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  13. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    The fact that Trump getting one iota of blame in that interview was the reason that the guest cut off the air was cringey. The "real hero" comment sealed the deal for me. Dude seems like a tool.

14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Part of the reason not to watch Newsmax. I think they still think there is chance to make a deal with Trump for Trump TV.

• Winner Winner x 1