Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

ABORTION!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by docspor, Oct 4, 2021.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think it's fair to say it was the predominate view for the first 2 millennium of Christianity ...That article is full of examples ... That snip was taken from a joint statement of various religious leaders, Southern Baptists used to lobby FOR expanded abortion rights, evangelists mocked Catholics for their anti-biblical belief that life begins at conception ...

“God does not regard the fetus as a soul, no matter how far gestation has progressed. The Law plainly exacts: ‘If a man kills any human life he will be put to death’ (Lev. 24:17). But according to Exodus 21:22–24, the destruction of the fetus is not a capital offense… Clearly, then, in contrast to the mother, the fetus is not reckoned as a soul.”

-- Christianity Today

“The Bible definitely pinpoints a difference in the value of a fetus and an adult. Thus, the Bible would appear to disagree with the official Catholic view that the tiniest fetus is as important as an adult human being.”

-- Christian Life, 1967

2. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Kill a fetus, save a life!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Tell that to the mom who loses one after trying years to conceive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tilly

Pretty sure the comment was aimed at men.

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    If you are going to use that argument, try to tell somebody who lost a 1 year old that what they went through is no different than a miscarriage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Pretty sure it wasn’t. Besides, who gets left “holding the bag” so to speak?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2021
    That's what all the people who don't like to think about the actual act of killing a baby in a mother's womb like to say. If you dehumanized the baby and act like it's just a clump of cells it makes it easier on your conscience and you dismiss the actual act of tearing apart a baby limb by limb and then crushing it's skull as just a simple operation. As someone who's been in NICUs I can assure you that even at 22 weeks, those are babies and thus children.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    No, I just know what the word "child" means. If you don't, you could always look it up.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here, have a chicken.

[​IMG]

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    Can't come to grips with it either, eh? Not surprising. Disturbing that you apparently find the dismemberment of fetuses funny though.

BTW, here's some proud parents with their new clump of cells.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    Well, that was stupid of you. Didn’t stop JMDZ from thinking it was a “winner” though. :D

child
    chīld
    noun
    1. A person between birth and puberty.
    2. A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.
    3. An unborn infant; a fetus.
    child definition at DuckDuckGo

12. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Christopher Hitchens used to say that the path out of poverty is to educate women and allow them reproductive freedom. Some of his positions weren't popular but he was usually right about things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    In this same logic, why should any woman, much less a free government, have the ability to force a man to pay for an equal party "accident" for 18 years?

Man and woman both make an "accident". Man wants abortion, woman wants to keep the baby. Woman keeps baby and man pays for said "accident" for 18 years.

Flip the roles, man and woman make an "accident". Man wants to keep the baby, woman wants an abortion. Woman is free of this "accident" in months. Man doesn't have this "choice".

Pro-Choice is one sided. A woman can have an abortion and while never even informing the father that she is pregnant.

If the "accident/mistake" is equal to both man and woman then why is the "choice" so lopsided?

If it's her body, her choice, why does the man have to pay for her choice or go to jail?

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Good find, now try claiming your pregnant spouse for a "child tax credit"...show the IRS the colloquial definition. That would be stupid.

15. tilly

...going comando was a comment about condoms no?

16. tilly

Are you serious? I love my 17 year old more today than the day she was born, so in that regard a 17 year old is different than a 1 year old, but make no mistake some women absolutely suffer equally from losing a late term miscarriage to losing a 1 year old. There is an attachment to that life that is devastating. In fact having that life die inside of you while physically connected to you and having previously drawing life from you is deeply emotional for some/many. My sister-in-law suffered with depression after my niece was born, based on the loss of an unborn child 18 months prior.

So again. Try telling that to the mom who loses one after trying to conceive.

17. slightlyskeptic

May 13, 2021
    :D:D:D Good find? It was literally the first definition search I made. I could have listed a dozen others.

And good lord, talk about pretzel logic. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Sorry that the idea of a fetus being the same thing as a human child is completely unprecedented both historically and in maters of law.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. tilly

I mean who cares? The IRS considers a baby born 3 months premature as more human than one that is still unborn that is 3 months more developed yet past due. Their threshold is birth. It is a technical one based on a financial policy. Not one of science or morals.

You are claiming that baby doesn't mean unborn child, when the actual...literal...definition (On several dictionary searches) says otherwise, so you go with...the IRS?
    I mean society in general considers it a "baby". We say, "we are having a baby." "Look at this ultrasound of our baby." etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. tilly

So when does it cease being a fetus? Are two babies conceived on the same day, one born six weeks early, the other still in the womb, both fetuses or both babies...or are they some how different because of which side of the moms skin they are on?