Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A TALE OF TWO COLUMBIAS

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by studegator, May 1, 2024.

1. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    Looks to me like some “professional protesters” should be in jail for a long time.
    The NYPD Comes for Columbia’s Occupation. Plus. . .

“Save some pesky details—like, say, the chants for globalizing the intifada (a call for globalizing a campaign of terror aimed at killing Jews); telling Jewish students to “go back to Poland; and, in at least one case, assaulting a student—the encampment was just kids being kids. Indeed, if you asked the likes of Ilhan Omar and AOC, both of whom made pilgrimages, these students explicitly cheering for Hamas weren’t pro-war at all—they were standing against genocide and for liberation.
    That position became less tenable after protesters smashed windows with a hammer, occupied Hamilton Hall, and started fighting with Columbia employees.”
    “Their video captured professional protester Lisa Fithian, 63—a later-in-life learner?—directing the barricade. Fithian, it turns out, is a “protest consultant” paid by union and activist groups to teach their members tactics for taking over the streets. Known as “Professor Occupy,” she’s been arrested between 80–100 times and was seen on Monday instructing protesters how to block doors and also calling two Jewish students, who tried to intervene, “assholes.”
    While the mob that broke in were masked, a number of them were visibly older than the students. Perhaps some of these more experienced activists smuggled in some wraps before the paddy wagon arrived. “

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This is not protesting, these are rallies for terrorist organizations, paid for by you know who... Soros and his organizations.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Kind of reminds you of the truck convoy from a couple years ago that was funded by the radical right wing doesn't it?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Except that they never got any funds... Nice try though.

One other "small" detail. The truck rallies were not funded by outside sources, it was organic. These terrorists rallies were instigated by people like Soros.

Huge detail... difference.

5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Can’t we have a good demonstration without paid Soros agitators ? Why is he so evil ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Link?

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Welp, we've reached the point where people are like "these anti-Semites are backed by international Jewry" ... Good job everyone

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Those professional outside agitators are like Santa - they are everywhere at once.

More than 1,000 protesters have been arrested on campuses in states including Texas, Utah, Virginia, North Carolina, New Mexico, Connecticut, Louisiana, California and New Jersey in recent days, some after violent clashes with police in riot gear.

Columbia University vows to expel student protesters
    Columbia University vows to expel student protesters - Tampa Bay Times

10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    There are outside agitators swarming campuses, we usually just call them cops though

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Purely coincidentally, that seems to be where “violence” breaks out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Not many folks deserve property crime, but you seem to be asking for it…some bad karma vibes man.

13. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Say it ain't so!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Well, that's one more on the high conflict poll for you ... wishing bad things on people who disagree with you

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Read it again though. I said you seem to be asking for it.
    Dude, you mock cops like all the time as if they're the criminals.

16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont really understand, are the cops going to destroy my property because I called them agitators? That would prove me correct about them being criminals. If I call the cops because someone else did something, the crime has already occurred, and in my experience they cant do shit about property crime anyway. They certainly aren't going to call CSI or whatever to find my bike or stolen car, whether I kiss their ass online or not.

17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    You and bling should get together and have a few drinks, tie each other into word knots.
    Sounds like fun for you guys.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm seeing that you bolded: "...these are rallies for terrorist organizations..."

Kinda surprising coming from you but then maybe I have you confused with someone else....in any event, assuming that's what you're questioning:

The protests flared up in the wake of HAMAS<---a terrorist organization invading Israel (on October 7, 2023).

They echo Hamas talking points ("Israel targeting innocent civilians");

...they pretend Hamas never even invaded Israel...

...didn't rape and kill Israelis while in Israel...

....didn't take hostages....

...don't still have hostages...

They chant shit like "from the river to the sea", etc. etc.

They can talk shit about Palestine all they want, but they are taking up for Hamas, doing Hamas' bidding, and worst of all, being most culpable of mushing any distinction between Hamas and Palestine.

There's simply no longer a tenable distinction there, because the Palestinians not only refused to create distance, they've affirmatively owned that Hamas IS them.

...and it's manifested in our domestic Palestinian champions....

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    that was rick, not me. I was just asking for a link to support his claim that Soros was paying for the protests