Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Second Lawsuit against WiLLLLLLLie

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratorGator, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM.

1. dflll1216

dflll1216 Sophomore

Nov 20, 2017
    Florida’s Space Coast
    Do you think end of calender year 2019? Or after bowl season in early 2020?

I ask because my brother and I have been discussing this whole thing over the past few days. He is concerned that WT will be let go soon. I am of the opinion that unless another lawsuit surfaces, half-ass-u likely will not let him go. YET.... too much invested so far with (as blackbird68 suggested) at least the first incident being known by fsu before WT was hired. Question mark there - as partdopy says - is if “lying” factors in. HOWEVER, if nolies lose recruits AND the team gets even Scheiss-ier AND they let willie go, THEN it will take some time to find a GOOD coach who will THEN have to overcome that reputation. IMHO.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    This could be bad if the SWAC sorts out that it might be cause for terminating without paying the buyout. I can hear a team of lawyers researching presently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    If they miss out on another bowl game for this upcoming 2019 season things will get apocalyptic there, and I think they pull the trigger after we beat them down Thanksgiving weekend. These days in both college and professional football, coaches are getting yanked quickly, especially when season ticket holders and rich boosters are sending the AD angry emails threatening to not renew season tickets or donate if changes aren't made. Willie already made one change by relinquishing play calling, then made another change by hiring a coveted offensive coordinator. The next big change will be a pink slip on his office door.

4. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    He tapped out when he saw the writing on the wall early on in the season. He made a post about it in either recruiting or too hot. He had no problem sticking around and often during their better years

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. dflll1216

dflll1216 Sophomore

Nov 20, 2017
    Florida’s Space Coast
    I am inclined to agree with your timeline and rationale, o&b_coop. Had all of this surfaced earlier in the season and THEN half-ass-u had such a dreadful W-L record, maybe fsu would have done something in this off-season. As it is, stuff is likely still unfolding and, thus, probably no change for ~ 12 months at least. THAT will set the table for a rocky 2019 nolie season (we hope!) and THEN much turmoil and uncertainty for many months (years?! ) after that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Montanagator

Montanagator All American

Dec 13, 2009
    Doncha just love a good halfazzU controversy. I hope this lasts the whole off season and beyond.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Wait...I thought it was 41-15. Oops! Sorry! That was another Glorious Gator Victory, 2018.
    At any rate, Thank You Dan!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nah...they have enough crooked lawyers in Tallahassee to keep him around for several years...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    It’s me it’s me

It’s Willie T

Breaking hearts and winders

10. GTR75

GTR75 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    A prominent FSU (nka "Golden Griefs") supporter told me the tribe is restless and believes if they keep WT, it could be the beginning of their demise.... He was unsure if he was going to re-new his tickets?.?. Although drunk in our conversation, he was very depressed about their current situation during which I was able to tout our current coach and Gator success.....very fun conversation.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Maybe they get him on leaving Francois out there even though he was going to get killed? Did not max protect (9 guys blocking, one man running a route) when it was proven time and again the O-line wasn't major college worthy.

It is weak but maybe it has merit with creativity. Otherwise can they afford a buyout? Highly unlikely. Feels like post-Shannon Miami.

12. Bryan85

Bryan85 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 27, 2007
    Am surprised The Semis allowed this S&C coach to be hired. Anyone remember the death of the Semi player during post season conditioning drills in about 2001? Devaughn Darling died. Had a twin bro who was also a Semi. FSU wrote a big check..... read all about it below.

DARLING'S PARENTS FILE SUIT, BLAME FSU FOR SON'S DEATH

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 Freshman

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent
    Wouldn't it be crazy if Urban took that job? I mean we never thought we'd have to play a divisional game vs the HBC either

14. Rkb75

Rkb75 Sophomore

Sep 19, 2015
    Don’t pile on Willie....don’t want Nolies to have cause to fire him and let them off the hook for his buyout.

15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    If his only goal is to go lower still in the eyes of a fanbase who should otherwise be grateful for two national championships, then he should do this.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    He wouldn't care.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Watch FSU get all ethical to get rid of WillIe...they wouldn’t want a guy like him ruining FSU’s top notch reputation...meanwhile the elevate sex ring scumbag Briles.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 9:25 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Urbana loyalty lies with Urban. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No way Urbs goes back into coaching unless it’s at ND

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    negative gyrene