Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Recruit Just Snitched on Florida State For Doing Some Shady Things Behind the Scenes

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GatorGrowl, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nfl has a salary cap , not a cap on private earning. That’s why the Supreme Court made the decision they did. It is in place for all of us. It’s not a football law. Salary caps would be great if it were for teams.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That is correct. No cap on anyone in the public. Make them employees and you can cap em all you want, just not in the free market.

3. toprowgator

toprowgator All American

Jun 24, 2019
    I agree with you that this supreme court will not cap an individual's income. I was only agreeing with Wanne's statement that rulings often do have broader consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. floridagatorman

floridagatorman VIP Member

Sep 30, 2021
    My point is that isn't what the ruling was about. The supreme court decision didn't really have anything to do with capping or uncapping an individual's earnings. It specifically was an anti-trust case against the NCAA that they cannot limit a player's right to capitalize on their NIL. It focused around anti-trust law in the sense that the NCAA is essentially the only path to making it to professional sports in America, and is using that position to take advantage of the students by building a multi-billion dollar enterprise without adequate compensation. If the NCAA was a medium size league in a country with 5 different club levels 18 year olds can join, this likely doesn't ever get filed. No one would care if colleges forced some kind of "student-athlete" designation.

With that said, multiple states have put in place their own NIL laws that have zero overlap with the SC ruling. A state absolutely can put restrictions, and most of them focus on limiting what businesses and schools can do in terms of NIL, not what players can and can't make. This FSU example would be shady if the school is siphoning money to the players without any NIL services exchanged.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Another huge reason why the SEC can never allowed FSU or Miami into the SEC Conference. Who is this recruit?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    We NEED to make sure that this thread does not fade away!!
    If I was the coacheacat Florida, I would flesh out this story and get after it!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I doubt this is an isolated incident or isolated to just Florida state. More likely that that’s just how it is done and really always has been. you’ve got Fred Taylor on video admitting he took $50,000 from Georgia and still went to Florida. You’ve got Leon Orr saying every single player at Florida was being paid. That’s all previous to NIL.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Leon Orr has an axe to grind. Demanded to start or he was not playing in an away game. Muschamp made him find his own way home from that game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    So you don’t believe him? How bout Fred and the landscape that most don’t want to see. It’s always been bought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Maybe to an extent, something tells me Tebow isn't an "on the take" type of player. But yes buying recruits has always been a dirty secret on CFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    All our rivals cheat. We never do/not go their extent.
    (Note my heavy sarcasm. Lol. This is what every fan base thinks)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We smdont start rapists in bowls. We are slightly cleaner.

13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Why not, the SEC is a dirty conference that would embrace Miami and FSU's shenanigans

14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Perhaps not, since they’re both in Florida

15. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I think its always been around, but was a lot more hush-hush when the NCAA actually attempted to enforce the rules. Since the mid 2000's, after the NCAA stepped on its own dork regarding the Miami payola, the floodgates opened. Its pretty easy to tell when UF "might" have been competing at the big boys table in talent acquisition: Urban (cough) Meyer (cough).

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    THIS!

After that joke of a failed "investigation" & um skated $aban said hold my car dealerships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Not sure about the dirty mess but I’d be a little surprised if they were let in. Fsu snubbed the sec years ago and I don’t think there’s any love lost on Miami. They don’t have any fans and haven’t been good in quite some time. Those two are on the outside looking in. They need the sec at this point, not the other way around.after these last conferences restructuring, there aren’t enough programs to create a third power conference left. They better band together the best of the leftovers and hope some of those are willing to dump the money necessary to compete. If not, their tv money is going to shrink even more in the future.

18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I was talking strictly about those programs shenanigans, their shady ways would fit right in with the crooks in Tuscaloosa

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Usc kinda skated with whatever might have been going on out there. Coach had to go and tge took Bushs heisman but only a speed bump, no death penalty. I think teams decided to take their chances after that. Nothing really been harsh in thirty years, we just had ptsd and feel like we are a target which is probably true. Ole miss beat Saban a couple times and here came the sanctions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1