Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A history lesson for those of you suddenly sour on Dan.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    This thread has really run it's course.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

for sure

3. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    When facing Grantham on 3rd and long, the offense just keeps traveling on. When an opposing offense needs to get well, a Grantham defense is really swell.

You blame COVID and the assistant coaches, but do you “Blame it on the Rain” as well? I’m pumping that sunshine, whooAAAAOHHH!!! And don’t it feel good, yeah.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

WTF

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait so LSU was able to gel and get better, and then beat us with a handful of scholarship players...

Why weren’t we able to gel? Why didn’t our D get better? Why is LSU able to “gel” and improve and not Florida?

Regardless we can go round and round. It comes down to we had an all time great O and wasted it with an all time awful D. Opposite song as Muschamp. Muschamp didn’t fix it. Can Mullen?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I think the major differences are that 1, Mullen is simply more competent and better all around. And 2, muschamp got into his own way with the offense. He brought in multiple guys but I believe he handcuffed them. Mullen is just trusting the wrong guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    I agree. But I rather have a great offense than a great defense if I can only have one. It's much more fun watching the team score than win 3 to nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Thought it was an appropriate response to your nonsense. Fight nonsense with nonsense, right?

“Blame it on the Rain” fits your defense of Grantham perfectly, because he has blamed everyone and everything for the 2020 defense except himself. It’s a repeat of the Muschamp situation, except at a coordinator level. Blame assistants and get them fired, blame players for the scheme not working, blame everyone but yourself for the mess you oversaw. Maybe it will work this time, but I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe find a new board? Because I will continue to post my opinions at GC and criticize Mullen if he continues to maintain a sub-par recruiting operation relative to other programs, make head-scratching decisions (not dressing Kyle Pitts for LSU), keep his buddies around as coaches (Grantham), and say stupid, childish things at press conferences that embarrass the program.

And nice straw man you've created... there is a difference between being arrogant and being arrogant PLUS undisciplined (which is what I actually said). Spurrier and Meyer were arrogant and I loved them. Until he proves otherwise, Mullen is not in the same class as a CEO / program builder.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    grantham is terrible

11. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Wasn’t terrible last year so what if he had a bad year, it’s over .

Another year with different players will be sweet again...

12. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Arnsparger wanted Mike Archer. To be fair I don’t know who Foley wanted. But Archer would have been a big downgrade from Galen didn’t even belong in the same conversation with Spurrier.

13. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    DM is a very good to excellent OC but seems to be lacking in other key areas. Three years of average recruiting, I'm guessing if you average his 3 years of recruiting here, we're not even in the top ten. Many didn't even make it into the class. Sometimes real bone head decisions, not running clock before the half vs Bama, wasting downs running up the middle; keeping his buddies around who are underperforming, and then bizarre PR muffs.
    In these past 3 years, who have we beaten that we were favored to lose? Not many. Now the difference between DM and our past two coaches, is they couldn't beat diddly squat. At least DM usually beats teams we are supposed to beat.
    Outside of the Portal, what recruits in the past 3 years have really stood out? Not many.
    JMHO, DM is a great OC, we have won many games by his development of our QB's and play calling. In other words we outscored the teams we were favored to beat.
    For me the jury is still out, but note this, outside of uga which isn't a gimme, most of the teams in the east are very beatable, add cupcakes which includes sow, and he's going to have a MR kind of season. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

wishful thinking pal

15. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    He's trolling. His normal forum is a ghost town now that football season is over. They have nothing without their constant pseudo witty, hyperbolic attacks on Mullen, Trask and company. They laugh hard at their own jokes over there and try to one up each other with every post.

They have a couple good contributors but they get outnumbered by the clowns. They also HATE swampgas so it's strange that hes over here to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah I remember that clown from a brief foray over there a couple years ago. Definitely troll. First I’ve seen him over here in a while - must have dried up over there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It’s reasonable to consider that he’s on a new learning curve at this level. Yes he had 8-9 years at the wheel in Starkeville, but expectations and overall talent levels are higher here. Dude is only 48 years old - I’m thinking he ain’t done learning and improving just 3 years into this job. Of course, lots of our ‘fans’ have no patience for that and demand perfection now - they’re either too young to have perspective, or they’re ridiculously unreasonable. I’d damn sure hate to have to associate with some of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    When I realized he was here I didn't even have to guess which topics he commented on. I went to the topics addressing returning players and Mullen going to the NFL because I knew he would have something stupid and vindictive to say. Sure enough he commented on each one.

That's how predictable their shtick is.

19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I assume that Ox clown is still running the show over there. Half the posters just suck up to that loudmouth - the rest are just dedicated to trashing our program

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Interesting. I’ve never put anybody on ignore. Come close but for some reason I choose to leave all communication channels open.

• Like Like x 1