Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

A frontline for Recruiting- Social Media

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tigator2019, Dec 24, 2019.

1. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    We know the social media platforms and how kids use them.

Mullen gets it. As a coach he was the top ranked one in terms of Twitter take a look

UF Gets it as well in nearly every aspect of the social media game. The graphics are amazing and crush FSU. Sharkboy didn’t use it. It’s all part of the air war

Am I the only one who notices this?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Ummmmmm, I guess it never occurred to you the significance of social media and the role it played for all the schools that finished ahead of the Gators for the Early signing period.......I had a saying I used more than once with regards to members of my staff that liked to throw data out there without properly vetting the data....."Numbers dont lie, we do"

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    What’s noticeable is that there were 5 coaches with as many or more posts than CDM. Yet, his replies and conversations blew them away. Most being doubled or more.

This is an indicator that he’s not just using social media but using it effectively. Making posts and comments that recruits actually relate to. As evidenced by their interactions with him.

He truly gets that social media is a recruiting tool.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Deer lowered. Of course it did. This however is a thread about our coach not the others.

The signing days vids were on fire.

Go gators

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Surprised Dabo isn't in there anywhere yet hauling in the top player from nearly every state in the southeast and beyond.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Clemson seems to brand the team more

Plus NC trophies :)

7. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    lol at Orgeron... posted twice and had 23k engagements! That's a heck of a ratio. If he posted as much as Mullen he'd have over 240,000 engagements. People trying to figure out what he said, perhaps?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    My point exactly! Posting social media numbers like this are meaningless unless you can ultimately show the net benefit.......CDM is this case is a social media giant I guess, Dabo and Saban among others meanwhile are hauling in elite talent.........like I said "numbers dont lie, we do!"

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Two national championships in three years and some of the best facilities in the country tend to do that. He couldn’t even get a top 10 class just a few years ago

10. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    You’re both right.

Obviously social media is a huge component these days. Twitter is an important piece and OP data demonstrates UF leveraging it, at least to the extent that raw Gallup’s of engagements is an indicator of effectiveness. Good to know.

Of course, Twitter is just one of the platforms where images and trends are being shaped. The trending platforms change continuously. We may be effectively evolving with them, in addition to plane ol’ Twitter, don’t know.

11. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

ALL of them? Was that 7 out of 129? wow, we got crushed!
    The fact that we did well does not occur to those with agendas and that all we know is that we are in the game with the best. The rest is up to coaching evaluation, development and chemistry which is not in the numbers. Here are some numbers that are almost as important as recruiting points; 4-7, 10-3 11-2 (or 10-3.)

Merry Christmas.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Interesting that you apparently are more concerned about the 122 schools that finished behind the Gators with the early signing period, that's what I call a loser's mindset. My concern however was with the 7 schools that finished ahead of the Gators, because I'd like to believe the Gators are capable of a better finish......Here's a tip for you "Social Media" with those 7 other school doesn't dictate the foundation for how they go about building a Top 7 recruiting class............

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Dabo markets his Christian beliefs. He has the dominant I’m a Christian brand during recruiting, especially pushes with parents. Resonates with parents that want child exposed to right character influences and morals while away from home. Was really pushed with Bowman’s Mom ad an example.

14. manigordo

Yes, I am a total loser...unless you consider life, academic achievements, athletic achievements, family, contributions to society and financial success. But, otherwise you are spot on and I am sure have me beat by a mile.
    You also show perfect logic and understanding of the numbers.

I am humbled. Thanks for putting me in my place. Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Interesting once again that my reference to a Particular "Mindset" as it relates to college football recruiting, you then attempt to equate that to some sort of slam against your supposed lifetime achievements.......poor fella..........That's some fragile ground you're ego's walking on.
    If it makes you feel better, keeping up with CDM's social media interactions, I suggest you go for it 100%........Numbers and analyzing data by the way were in fact what I did, and my 40 year career doing it would pretty much validate my ability at doing that at a high level..........but again....... since you've chosen to not debate the issue regarding Social Media interaction, as it relates to your theory on it improving Florida's college football recruiting and instead lament about my comments about losing/winning"mindsets" related to college football recruiting as disparaging your life time achievements.................well........keep following those social media numbers and let us know how that works out for you? Right now however these social media numbers for me, don't support anything foundational related to giving the Gators any kind of substantial edge as it relates to college football recruiting. Merry Christmas to you and your entire family as well!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. manigordo

Just put him on ignore.

Calling a fellow gator a loser? SMH
    Go Gators see you at the OB[/QUOTE]
    Thank you. I did.

I'm guessing he is just young.

• Agree Agree x 1