Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Few Notes 8/18/19

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Aug 18, 2019.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Kelvin Joseph: We should know Monday one way or the other. I'm hearing what all of you are hearing but it isn't final nor will be until Monday.

Derrick Smith: He will announce this week and from the Insider board, Andrew says the staff has not made a decision to take him or not. I myself heard some like him more than others so again we should know something soon. MPO is if no KJ, UF needs him for depth.

Suspensions and injuries: as of today rumor is, two out for UM game and one may be out due to concussion protocol for three total. Delance and Campbell are expected to be ready by game time. If Delance does not play, then King Richard will start. For UM the rumor is three will be out suspended including to top WR's. My friend down there tells me it could be 4. With Bethel and Smith in the portal UM is having depth concerns in the secondary also. Smith would have played. Bethel is probably headed to FIU or even UCF.

Don't be surprised if Lil Man Tate plays some snaps at WR. He obviously knows the routes and Miamuh is thin at WR.

What to expect when UM has the ball. With as many as 3 true Freshmen OL playing for the Canes, I suspect a lot of mis direction, quick passes, screens and a few deep ones hoping for a big play or even PI on the Gators. Heavy use of the TE position. For UF on defense I don't think CTG will blitz much as I suspect he thinks UF can pressure the QB with out it. That said, the timely blitz off the corner may happen a time or two.

When UF has the ball: UF will try to be balanced and keep UM on their heels. UM will try to stop the run and get UF in obvious passing downs. If they don't it will be a long day for them. Look for CDM to go long early in the game just to keep the DB's backed up. Will Franks pick back up where he left off? Toney will get minimum 8 touches and Cope will play some. UF will also drive the UM Linebackers nuts with Krull and Pitts.

Recruiting: well this is the recruiting board but being a Neutral Site Game, neither team can host prospects. Recruiting will pick up after next week. All in all, what I've heard and deciphered is UF is fine 4 months out from ESD. Two areas of some concern for many is RB and WR. My personal opinion is I'm not concerned with either of those spots even in the wake of the news Henderson did not qualify. Some are concerned with the secondary and someone said on the Insider board that the JC Saftey George was back in play. UF is in good shape with Gray and Avante is a +1 they will continue to recruit till he signs somewhere. I believe UF is better than even money at this time with AW. UF still needs to add a top CB to make me feel real good about the class. My choice is and always has been Jahquez Robinson. The fact that the staff did not go very hard after a couple of Message board favorites tells me they like the guys they have and feel good about someone else they want. Just saying.

M'Ba: I think that correct, is back home taking some needed classes. Nothing will happen in his recruitment with any school until that is resolved.

Jahari Rogers: Will play at corner for his HS team this year to help him in his development for the next level.

Robinson/Smith/Williams/Henderson: 4 kids who could make a huge difference in this class. What will or should help UF is due to proximity they should be able to get them here for games much easier than Bama, Clemson or UGA. The frequency in which they visit should provide some indication of where UF stands for them. One was on campus last week.

DL: Still on the board, the aforementioned Mr. Smith, Zykevious Walker, Donnel Harris and probably someone I'm forgetting as I type this. There is some thought that Signing Cox will help with Walker. I don't know. Harris would be a 2 year project in my mind before any serious PT but how could you not take those guys if they say I want in.

Speaking of Cox: UF will try to get him eligible this year. If not, how is he looked at, a LB'er or rush in. If UF does not get who they want to go with Wingo, someone will be moving to LB IMO.

The Second Transfer: The whispers of the 2nd transfer from UGA have went silent. Could it still happen? Yes, but I don't think it will at this point. That said, I do think uga will lose at least one more to the portal before the season starts.

• Informative x 10
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Any word on Marc Britt now that Koy pledged to LSU? I heard from a few people that Koy wanted on board with us but for w/e reason, we slow played him.

Appreciate the write and while i'd love to have M'Ba, his situation just screams tom foolery from a mile away from a dude who's said that he'd like to be an EE come January.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    I could be wrong but I think Henderson and Portier are ahead of him on the board. A poster on the Insider board went to see potier in person and said he was a man among boys.
    As for M'Ba, I will be surprised if he is an early entry anywhere. However that's with out knowing where he is as far as grades and courses needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. python15

python15 Freshman

Feb 25, 2017
    As always, thanks Candy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Poitier went 5-124 against a very good defense last night.

If he’s 3 stars then system is wack. His tape doesn’t lie. Kid can play.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. alvaro319

alvaro319 Freshman

Sep 10, 2018
    Dayumn.... wonder who the suspended are....

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    a while ago, well like a month ago, it was RUMORED to be Stewart and Slaton but i guess we'll have to wait and see. For Miami, some are saying Pope, JT4, and/or Ivey

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. alvaro319

alvaro319 Freshman

Sep 10, 2018
    Yeah I had heard Stewart and Slaton..... If it's Pope, JT4, DJ Ivey, then that hurts scUM more than us.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Crazy how the recruiting sites gave him 3 stars just like they did that fictitious player someone made up with measurables, offers and all and the recruiting services ranked him off the fake offer list. Smh

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    Two top receivers? Ouch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    just a rumor though so i'd take it for what it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

I posted something about these two Gators a while back that they were probably going to miss the first game. I heard it was for smoking weed.

14. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Any news on Kelvin Joseph today?

• Like Like x 2
  15. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I’m not holding my breath on positive news from the admissions department. No inside information, that is just my general rule

16. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    lots of smoke with that rumor.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Now they are saying Tuesday.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. alvaro319

alvaro319 Freshman

Sep 10, 2018
    You mean suspensions for both teams or just ours?

19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Legend

Nov 11, 2014
    ... and where there's smoke...

20. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    My Cane friends have said that only Ivy is rumored to be suspended. The receivers will definitely be playing. (To be clear, the info comes from people like me that read message boards, so it is a true fwiw).

• Informative Informative x 2