Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Disturbing Haircut

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I like you too, but if UF didn't think I knew what I was talking about, they would not have given me a diploma. If the State of Florida thought I didn't know what I was talking about, they would not have issued me 3 RE licenses and an appraisal certification. And I certainly would not have passed CE exams if I didn't know what I was talking about. An some of the nations leading lenders, as well as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD among others would not have paid me and continue to order more assignments if I didn't know what I was talking about. My work product would not have passed QC screening, underwriting and post closing review if I DIDN'T know what I was talking about. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, but I forgot, in Trumplandia, truth is fiction and fiction is truth, if it makes my deal close and I can pocket my commission check on my phony bologna fraudulent deal close.

Good gawd!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    He wrote in Steve Spurrier. Don’t go messing with football.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC

4. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    2020 has proven to me is that there are a lot more crazies walking around than I had supposed. It would be comforting to me to think they were all Antifa or Trumpsters but I fear that would be a false comfort.
    I have unfriendly more than 1/2 of my Facebook friends (mostly people that I barely knew in high school or used to work with) because they are certifiable. Perhaps I am as well but I'm stuck with me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Inferiority complex much?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    You should stop talking about yourself.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    [​IMG]
    Move them hippies north. Pretty close likeness of my barber on the right

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. FriendlyGator

FriendlyGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    North Mills River
    Probably not appropriate for you to quote part of my post in this circumstance.

To answer your question, Mullen isn't a business. He isn't out campaining for Trump. He can vote for whoever he wants to and that is his business. He can keep whatever memorabilia he wants in his home, fine with me. If he shows up at a press conference wearing a MAGA hat, however, I would have a real problem with that. And I've got all the confidence in the world Mullen would not do so. He navigated the BLM issues earlier this year in an excellent and very diplomatic and productive way.

I do not shop at Hobby Lobby for their political activism with which I disagree. I used to avoid restaurants which played Fox news on their TVs.

I decided not to boycott Chick-Fil-A for their donations to anti-LGBTQ stances even though I disagreed with them. But I do appreciate those who did boycott and led to a change in Chick-Fil-A donation policies to eliminate such donations.

If you are on the other side of things, go ahead and boycott those engaging in activism you disagree with. That is your right, as it is mine. And I assume you have been paying attention activism like this has played a big role in societal changes in recent times. Just ask some of the more controversial Fox News nighttime personalities who have had many advertisers flee over actual boycotts or concerns about boycotts.

Voting with our wallets is a damn good thing to do. So...

... lighten up Francis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Why does you-know-who have to always be so damn insulting with his funny emoji’s? Why not try some semi-intelligent response? I’ve blocked him, but it still bugs me that he repeatedly insults others. He’s proof of your observation that “something has gone very very wrong in this country.”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Tissue?

• Like Like x 1
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I 100% agree in principal.
    But voting with your conscience doesnt usually mean avoiding any business that simply supported a candidate. That would be impossible.

The owner of the Dolphins supported Trump. Guess I will pick a new team.

Mullen wanted to fill the stadium after DeSantes (a Trumper) allowed it. New team?

Heck for all you know you may be reading and posting on a site owned by a Trump supporter.

My point is not to berate you for exercising your own right. I just think that is a pretty broad brush to use.

If they are Trumpers who wont serve gays, or if their business tweeted racist tweets or something specific, I get that...but just vaguely supporting Trump is broad.

I voted for him in 2016. Is that support for instance?

Again, I get activism, but isn't it dangerous to paint so broadly?

Also I was just quoting a partial quote because they get cut off after a few lines and the quote wont make sense if you dont highlight the pertinent part. No misrepresentation intended

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I’m not either to some extent. There’s a small business that I’ve patronized for decades whose owner and his staff are staunch conservatives. That didn’t matter to me. Neither did it bother me that they voted for Trump, both times. But I recently went in and found the owner and staff without masks. When I asked if they weren’t worried about catching - never mind spreading it - the owner made a comment to the effect it was a wussy liberal concern. I laughed, but left without buying what a came for and with a resolution to never go back. It’s one thing to have a political view I don’t agree with, but it’s quite another to be so stupidly unconcerned with the health of one’s customers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Touché

Just not a big fan of the tough guy talk. Some are actual nutjobs, a lot are just plain soft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I think I would have rather went without the haircut or drove to a different town rather than expose myself to that. good luck, hope you had N95 or equivalent. We attended outdoor wedding too but once dinner started and drinks started to flow masks were being dropped and distances closed. that is when we left.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Hey there Mr. East Coast Carolina guy, I have played a tennis tournament in Goldsboro.....so, not just out here in the wild (see...ignorant) west!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    HEY! I'm out here as far west as you can get in NC so its not a totally ignorant place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    On a positive note the same lady has cut my hair and my wife's for over 30 years. The day after the election, I got a text from her saying what a great day it was and the "shit show" was almost over.:emoji_trophy:

• Like Like x 1
  18. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    No place is. It is just that @tilly and I have this running joke about the different regions of North Carolina. Truth be told I love the far west of the state.....it means that it will not be long before I am finally the heck out!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Do you actually know what that phrase means?

Let me help you out. I was just listing my qualifications to demonstrate I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about. Everything I listed was proven, documented, independently verifiable fact. How is that inferiority? On what planet?

Inferiority complex - Wikipedia

You might want to look into one of these.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1