Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Disturbing Haircut

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Flowbee Factory Direct | Home Haircutting System

• Funny Funny x 7
  2. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    During my last haircut, the guy waiting was telling us how he needs more rounds of 9MM ammo, because he's only got 20,000 and doesn't feel like that's enough for the coming conflagration. All the local gun shops were sold out, and WalMart stopped selling too. He also showed me pictures of an attachment (a Roni) he bought that turns his Glock into a rifle. Proudly explained how it was perfectly legal to buy it, but becomes a felony once he puts his pistol in it (in California). I'm not sure buying it was legal in California, but that's on him.
    I opined that if he shoots through 20,000 rounds, things are probably so bad that having more rounds won't save him. I suggested he just build a bunker and hunker down for a couple of years. He laughed like he thought I was joking....

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    This is why I want ZERO mixture of politics and religion.
    Talk radio propaganda has destroyed us. Damn Reagan and that pesky fairness doctrine;)

edit: To add there has been a lot of this “war” talk for a while and where I always feared Trump was leading. My old neighbor echoed similar statements too me, he only had 10k of 223 and needed a lot more and that I needed to start finding it. I told him I knew where I could get a bunch.... he did not look amused

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    outstanding post. Interesting my barber said something similar- that he saw a YouTube video that morning that the states will decide.

5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    You first. I just got a haircut

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2020
    I was thinking Kirby Smart.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I get confused as a republican all the time. People just start talking to me saying almost the exact thing you were hearing all while expecting me to go along with it. Around here, if you aren't a minority or seem like you have any education higher than a high school diploma, you are assumed to be conservative/republican.

I was eating at my usual pub month or two ago and a lady, probably in here late 60s out of the blue asked me if I was a liberal. I guess they were talking about something with here 2 similarly aged friends and was just making sure that I was down with their cause. I said "most people I know call me one, but some things I lean left on and some I lean right on." She proceeded to berate me for some reason. She asked if I was voting for Trump, and I said "F@$% NO!," and it's like she took it as a personal insult. She kept on with all these conspiracy theories, while the other two people were like "Yeah! and what about blah blah blah" So it quickly turned into a 3 on 1 blabberfest in a matter of literally a couple minutes.
    "Why wouldn't you vote for Trump?"
    -Well, first of all, he's lied or told misleading things over 15k times since in office. I wouldn't be able to trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.
    "No he hasn't"
    -Yeah, he has, NYT is keeping count if you want to look it up.
    "Well, if he's lied that much, Nancy Pelosi has lied 30k times"
    -Oh yeah? Got any proof or sources or did you just make that up? How often do you hear her speak to get that number?

As she spout nonsense, much like you described, and refuted proven claims about Trump, I told her that I thought she was insulting my intelligence. She proceeded to tell me that's because I was "brainwashed" in college. (I went and got a couple associates degrees from the local technical college, not quite the brainwashing factory.) I got up and moved to a different table after that while she was mid -sentence, as I could feel myself growing increasingly angry at this woman. This is the same place that the bartender posted on social media after Biden took a considerable lead "You know that feeling when the 2nd plane hit the Twin Towers and you realized what was going on? You should have that same feeling right now" Lololol, come on! Also the same place that I mentioned the other day overhearing "Fox News has went too far left." I love the place, as long as people don't talk politics. Lets talk about football and let me enjoy my Yeungs and Wings!

I almost bought this shirt specifically to wear up there.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    The bunker folks were the first to crack during the lockdown, lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    What, a reply about a haircut on a thread about haircuts is off topic? Referencing a guy with a hideous haircut? :D:D

10. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    ah, another benefit of being bald

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2020
    I thought Democrats didn't own guns. Who is he going to fight a war against?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I started cutting my own hair a while back. So as not to feel disengaged, I speak wild conspiracies to myself and berate my liberal side with terms like "snowflake," "triggered," and usually end by saying how I should "hide in my basement." It's therapeutic.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Well, the guy is hopefully just FOS but it was disturbing to hear someone who probably considers himself a patriot talk about killing his fellow Americans in service to donald trump. Are there others out there who really mean it? How could you come to a point in your life that you are so convinced of the righteousness of your side and the evil of the other side that you could say these things out loud to a room full of (well, several) strangers? It was, as I said, disturbing. Once again I am a stranger in a strange land.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    It really is a cult.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. FriendlyGator

FriendlyGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    North Mills River
    Well I don't need barbershops anymore because I've been shaving my head for years now. But if I did and walked into the barbershop I just would have walked out. I'm not going to knowingly support any business which supports Trump, in particular in that kind of way with cult memorabilia all over the place.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ve come to the conclusion that the only likely solution is for them to lose enough elections in a row that they finally have to come to terms with reality and hold their leaders accountable for their failures. Nothing else will work. But that requires Dems showing up every election and not flying so far left they swing the middle back to another one like Trump, which likely won’t happen. The only other solution is a far more educated populace (the single biggest indicator of being a trump voter for whites is education level). But don’t think that’s happening anytime soon either.
    And to be fair, as I have stated, the populism move to Trump caught lightning from is real, and goes well beyond him. A lot of people hurting out there that feel marginalized for a whole host of reasons - opioids, declining importance of religion, lost union jobs, lost coal and steel jobs, social movement they don’t agree with, stagnant wages, foreign competition driving them out of farms etc. To only look at the ugly and not the valid is to doom us to another Trump in 2024.
    If I were Biden, I would get a list of the top 5 concerns of white rural America and find something from each one I could do something about. They will almost all overlap with dem concerns anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    So who cut your hair - the father or the daughter? I guess we could say the haircut was the most important decision you had to make that day.

19. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    You should have felt right at home as that is not unlike many of the conversation that goes on here at THFSG.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Wow.

Is Gator football a business in your view?
    Wonder who Mullen voted for.

• Like Like x 1