Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Couple of Things 01/09/21

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Tyrod doesn’t strike me as a Super Bowl qb. He’s better than some but definitely a stopgap type. Teams are looking for the next qbs that can win it all. If they don’t have him, they keep looking.
    If a guy relies on his legs and can carry a team with his arm, he won’t be in the league very long so they better use the win now strategy. Cam was good as long as he had his legs. I think it takes many years for a qb to reach their peak, Maholmes probably is still getting bette and may be at his best after his legs aren’t as good as they once were. Lamar will get better in the pocket or will be out of the league before too many more years.

2. mkfgator

mkfgator All American

Aug 28, 2019
    Maybe. But these coaches are copy cats and care about money too. The point in all this is the NFL is now looking more at college coaches as potential NFL head coaches. I think you will see more of that kind of rumor down the road for the Smart's and the Campbell's and the Franklin's of the world. Lincoln Riley will be a guy NFL teams will absolutely look at if they continue to go down that road. Even Dabo's name was thrown around as the HC for the Jags, and I just can't imagine him as an NFL coach crying in the locker rook with his players after an emotional win or loss. So Mullen ain't on an island here.