Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Bit of Tid Updated

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I’d take him all day. We’re stuck with Matt’s contract for another year or two. Let him watch for a season or so and let him go. You heard it here folks

edit. That is if we don’t trade Julio and some picks for Watson. A guy can wish cant he

2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    lol i agree with Atlanta. That’s actually a perfect spot for him if im being honest. Ryan is the perfect QB to learn from and they have pieces around em and they tend to draft well offensively

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    I think Tampa would be a perfect spot for Trask, sit behind Brady a couple years and then take the reigns

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The Bucs are custom fit for Brady right now. After he's gone, that "fit" will slink away from the Tampa area to retire or join other football clubs.

5. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s why I thought that. His game Is so similar to Matt’s. Adequate arm strength but not great. Smart guy. Already reads defenses. Anticipates. Someone is gonna get a steal with him. He already does more pro type things than any other qbs in this draft

I may be crazy but I think he’s gonna be the best pro qb this program has ever produced

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    I would say bold call but our history of pro QBs is pretty humble. If he gets the right situation with a coach who can accentuate his intelligence and help cover his weaknesses, you are likely right. Really think he needs to not start for a couple of years and get the speed of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    ya know.....he woulda been in a good spot behind Rivers had Rivers not retired and Indy drafted him. As a Jags fan, im glad that won’t be able to happen lol

8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    I think Pittsburgh would be a great fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Lol, No I remember 76-77, ;)

10. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

why would that fit change? If they drafted a guy with a similar skillset to Brady then they would continue to build the team to fit that mold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. gatorpower

Apr 3, 2007
    Tom Brady has won multiple championships, multiple pro bowls, MVPs and is a future HOF QB. His reputation is light-years above some rookie QB.

You're saying Trask has a similar skill set to that guy? If the players and coaches in the NFL shared that opinion, he'd already be the top pick to Jacksonville. I think highly of Trask too, but you're not going to have many players or coordinators holding out hope for him. Not enough to pretend he's Tom Brady at least

12. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Trask does have a similar skill set coming out of college....he wont be drafted #1....and neither was Brady who wasnt even a blip on anyones radar when he was drafted. In fact 198 times teams had a shot at him and passed. Its what Brady brought inside his head and in his heart which which made him what he is TODAY not being the overall #1. Trask would be an ideal student under Brady but lets compare college Brady to college Trask and I think Trask looks better in all facets...what he will become in 15 years...that remains to be seen.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. gatorpower

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, they both pass the ball. They're so alike people often get them confused, even their own mothers.

Brady is a much, much, much better QB than Trask. Every facet of his game is better. That's not to disrespect Trask. There are only 4-5 teams in the NFL with QBs better than Brady this current year. That's NFL-caliber, multi-year starting, million-dollar QBs who are worse than the aging Tom Brady. Most of those guys have more similar skill sets to Tom Brady than Trask.

Over his career, Brady is in the conversation with the top-10 QBs that ever played. Doesn't matter where he was drafted. He proved that the scouts were wrong.

So Trask has the skill sets of a top-10 ALL TIME NFL QB. That's more hyperbole than I'm used to from Gator fans talking about their QB.

We have never in 100 years has a QB with the skill sets of an ALL TIME great. Never.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Brady had trouble winning the starting QB job at Michigan. I think the point above was that Trask was a better QB in college than Brady. Trask read field well, generally made good decisions, and was accurate with passes. Given he only had 1.5 years as a starter, he could have an upside like Brady did. No one is saying that Trask will be a HOFer or Tom Brady in the NFL. TB is the GOAT at his position

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He means the way he plays. Good not great arm , not mobile , smart , reads the field well. Etc etc

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I thought Brady was known for having a great arm?

17. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Brady’s arm wasn’t Brady’s arm early in his career oddly enough. That didn’t develop until well after he got to the league

18. gatorpower

Apr 3, 2007
    Again, not like Tom Brady. It's fantasy to suggest that because they share some similarities, to the same degree many quarterbacks share those, that you can build a team around Trask like he's the same player as a future HOF.

To say you can plug and play Trask into Tampa (the original argument) because he has a similar skill set to Tom freaking Brady is ridiculous.

If we saw another fan base making the same claims, everyone would call them out on how silly a comparison that is. LOL

19. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I don’t think people are saying that. Again nuance is often lost in some of these takes. To be clear and boil this down as far as I can...kt is more like Brady , Matt Ryan than he is like Lamar Jackson , Russel Wilson or josh Allen.

Really you’re hard pressed to find a better comparison than Brady when he came out. Played at a big time school (mich)but sat behind another qb most of his career ( drew Henson) big , good enough arm , smart etc etc etc. I don’t think anyone is comparing kt to hof’er Tom Brady , they’re comparing him physically and what he and his situation was like coming outta Michigan

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Steelers could use him for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.