Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Bit of Tid Updated

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Please please please don't let him sit behind Winston in New Orleans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Please no. I hate the Steelers with a passion. LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I dont think he was behind Henson all that much, although I do agree thats how most remember it. He sat behind griese when he was a sophomore, and split his next two years with Henson, but pretty sure Brady was the main guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

Clearly critical thinking is an issue here. Is Trask Tom Brady? No. Do you have to be Tom Brady to have a similar skillset? no. Will a Rookie be as polished as Tom Brady? No. did anyone say so? No. What does Tom Brady bring to the table in a skillset? Lack of mobility, Average arm strength, but can make the throws, reads defenses, is smart and knows the playbook. Does Trask have that potential? Yes. Are there things that Tom does because of the amount of experience? yes but in time can someone else learn those same things? yes. So, when I say Trask has similar skillset, I mean he has similar skillset. Does Tom Brady have a learning curve with his new team? yes. We see it every week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Strawman.

No one is saying Trask is a plug and play with Brady.

No one is say Trask is as good as Brady RIGHT NOW.

What people are doing is comparing Trask RIGHT NOW to the player Brady was COMING OUT OF COLLEGE. Similar arms, similar smarts, similar mobility, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    I heard yesterday that Tom Brady has played in more Conference Championships than 27 NFL teams......:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No problem with critical thinking here. You just want people to agree with your absurd premise, even your watered-down version.

You're conceding how different they are, then you circle back and say they have similar skill sets.

No need to accuse anyone of critical thinking skills simply because they don't agree with you. You can stop being a jerk.

You're wrong. I am disagreeing with your hyperbole. He is NOT Brady. He shares VERY little with Brady. I do not care how much you water that down. I am never going to agree with you. There are about 13 QBs drafted every year and they all want to be the greatest, but they're not.

Cope harder

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes and all those people are wrong.

LOL Similar arm? Similar smarts?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    i see what you mean. Trask a better athlete than college Brady and bigger in physical stature but i know what you mean

10. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    I’m hoping that’s where he goes. Think he’d be able to take over for Ben in a year or two.

11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It will be ironic if our formerly low rated HS QB shines in the NFL. Has a UF QB ever? Not really.

12. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Rex Grossman played for nine years in the NFL. Tebow, of course. Spurrier, Wuerfel, Driskel, Brissett, Palmer have all played some. Did, they shine? Probably can't say that, but, they all drew an NFL paycheck at the highest level of American football.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  13. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Grossman did really well financially. Rex Grossman

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Rexy started in a super bowl, if I remember correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    From Wiki "Grossman spent most of his first three NFL seasons with the Chicago Bears sidelined with injuries. He completed his first full NFL season in 2006, leading the Bears to a National Football Conference Championship and a Super Bowl berth."

Interesante.

16. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Matthews and Spurrier both drew NFL paychecks for 9-10 years. Even Doug Johnson managed 6 years in the NFL. They weren't superstars, but at least they collected a nice paycheck.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Are we counting Eric Kresser and Cam Newton since we are taking about Driskell and Brissett?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Sure...why not?

19. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    If you would like to compare Brady's college stats or draft position compared to Kyle Trask that would be the point. I know you dont want to because youll look foolish. Thats where we are...we ARENT talking about a pro Kyle Trask who hasnt taken his first snap yet. We are talking about a player who in college has a similar skill set and at this point has performed far better than Brady ever did in college. Thats it...period!.

If anyone is saying Kyle Trask will be the next Kyle Brady in 20 years well theyre insane. No Qb drafted will likely compare to what he became in the pros. He is a unique guy and a one of a kind specimen in sports. Im not sure anyone will ever become comparable to him...but that wasnt the point. Kyle can possibly be groomed under a guy like Brady to maybe one day be a great player...an All Pro.. or if he really develops a hall of famer. Time will tell but at this point coming out of college Kyle looks like the better QB statistically and visually but he has one hell of a long way to be considered half of what Brady is today. Kyle by all accounts has the tools, the focus, the leadership skills and the drive to become great...and quite frankly he just seems like a great kid too....lets all hope he makes Gator nation proud at the next level.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    Kay Stephenson and John Reaves

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.