Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

78 Days until softball opens at home

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by OklahomaGator, Dec 6, 2018.

1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    Will the stadium be ready? Looking at the construction cameras it appears there is still a lot of work to be done and we have Christmas and New Years Day where they won't get any work done. I show 51 working days left not counting weekends and holidays.

Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium Renovations

• Like Like x 1
  2. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    From the construction cameras it appears they are preparing to start installing chairbacks. Still a lot of work to do, though. Need dry weather in December & January.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Do they have a big ribbon cutting ceremony planned?

Will the construction crews immediately jump across the street to begin ground breaking in the Grove for the New Mac??

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Might be a good time for @nickdelatorre to get a hold of SS or an associate, and see when the construction on the new baseball facility will begin? Or what’s the status.

Also, are the upgrades on the softball facility on schedule? Are the construction progress meetings open to the public or media?

5. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    @swampgas44 has been by lately and the seating chart has been published, season tix holders contacted etc

• Like Like x 1
  6. srqgtr

srqgtr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Looking at the written December 28 update and the construction cam on the visitor sideline, it appears that they decided to leave a berm instead of installing additional seating behind the bullpen. That is disappointing and I wonder how it affects the seating capacity. The drawings show additional seats. I know that the few times I have been able to go to a game I have always had to sit on the berm. Not the most comfortable situation.

Link to drawings, updates and construction cam:

Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium Renovations

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. srqgtr

srqgtr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Does anyone have any info on the lack of permanent seating in right field, as described in my post above? Very curious!

8. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    You're right. It looks like a section and 1/2 short of the original plans. Maybe they will be added at a later date. Don't think there are 2200 chairbacks as originally stated.

• Informative Informative x 1