Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

#7 Florida Gators @ #5 LSU TIgers 10/12/2019 8PM ESPN

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2009
    I don’t bet on sports.

I enjoy Gator FB too - doesn’t mean you can’t call out a shitty strategy. And in the most important part of that game that’s what we had.

2. MCB51

MCB51 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Just like we did from last week

3. The head of officiating is $$$$$. After uga lost today the sec and cbs lost a MAJOR cash cow/ ticket for playoffs etc. We came a couple of plays away from eliminating another one. The refs were not going to let that happen.

In ANY Gator game w/ title implications I always adjust for the obligatory 100+ yards of bogus penalties we will have hung on us in deciding the winner.

I did not expect to overcome it tonight from the outset.

• Like Like x 3
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    The better team won tonight and the sun will still come up tomorrow. I was gob smacked by some of the calls at the end, as were others. But shizzle happens and hopefully we learn something from the game. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the injuries than I am the loss itself. We probably won't see that smug @#$&%$! QB again, and we get those nice folks at our house next year, and they won't have his smirk to look at across the line of scrimmage. Now it's time to suck it up and fight like crazy to win out. Another regular season loss seems quite possible but certainly not unavoidable. If we can beat UGA and go 10-2 or 11-1 I'll count this season as an important step in the right direction. Two more regular season losses seem unlikely but certainly not impossible. Our team showed heart and some composure tonight, just not enough to overcome LSU and our own mistakes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Senior

Nov 29, 2016
    This was a heavyweight fight. We’re good so are they. Our coaches are know what they are doing. Sometimes you don’t win.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GatorLuke

GatorLuke Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Let me rephrase, for those who didn’t know what I meant. His use of EJ wasn’t wise in the 2nd half. EJ shouldn’t have started the drive when LSU scored 14 unanswered, why do you give a drive to EJin such a key moment??? Why did he put EJ in the red zone on the INT drive when we were moving so well and had momentum??? I wasn’t calling the plays bad after the play. I was saying no when I saw him in before the result of the play.

EJ is capable and he will be fine, CDM got too cute on a few drives today.

I’m proud of the team. They fought hard and LSU has a legit O.

We have a chance at a special year. All our goals are still attainable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    OCT. 2019. Tropical Storm Nestor.

Gators and Friends in North Florida, the Florida Panhandle as well as South Georgia need to pay attention to you local news for latest updates information. Should affect the Carolinas and Virginia on
    Sunday. And a big rain event for Central Florida on Saturday.

Oct. 18, 2019. 2:00 P.M. ET.
    Tropical Storm Nestor.
    60 mph Winds.
    26.3 North Latitude.
    89.5 West Longitude.
    Movement NE 22 mph.
    Pressure 1001 mb, 29.56 ins.

Could make landfall around Apalachiola Bay on the Panhandle tonight.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  8. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    No doubt it’s turned out that Gators at Gamecocks Game is being played in Columbia SC on Saturday and not Gainesville FL. And at NOON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.