Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

6-10 Center Colin Castelton transfers to Gators

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ThunderGator, Apr 26, 2020.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Eh. Probably, but not a certainty either. Production was sort of similar. Gak obviously had all kinds of issues staying healthy, so long as Castleton can do that it’s an easy argument there.

I think Basset had a pretty good offensive skillset, but clearly KJ gave us more production as a small ball 4 then Basset could as a stretch 4. While he was destined as a role player, he could have continued to be a solid backup. The question was whether he could ever justify starter minutes, the jury is out on Castleton in that regard until he shows starter production.

2. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    I must have missed that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    No clue on your question, probably an errant finger. Fixed it for you.

4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Very easy to do. Especially on a phone.

5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He had a puny sample size, but it seemed he could knock down a face up jumper with some consistency, that's better than alot of bigs (including the pair of 5's currently left on our roster). You can use that in an offense as a high post or stretch 4. Which is basically what Castleton is also expected to be.

In my view, Basset's bigger issue was actually that he couldn't really rebound well enough against good opponents. KJ comes in and was a monster on the boards from the instant he took over starter minutes last year, even though he's smaller. Basset made some hustle plays on D (taking charges and such), but struggled to lock down his man and rebound. I think Castleton is an upgrade, but it's really about 2 years from now anyway. Not next year.

6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl