Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

5* QB Jaden Rashada

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by eastowest, May 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    It’s my understanding that the school can’t pay the players and only a third party can, so someone explain to me why it’s the admins fault?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If Ewers does well this year, manning probably takes a shirt I would think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eggy21

Eggy21 GC Legend

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    Who knows. I honestly think they saw how dirty you had to play the game in order to win under Urban and wanted nothing to do with that ever again.

There’s really no other excuse for three staffs going down in flames and the fourth one starting off as poorly as one can. It can’t all just be on the staffs not being able to close or being lazy etc. etc.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They don’t seem as dedicated as some for sure.. Maybe too good to get their hands dirty. If we have different roe than others, don’t expect the same results.

5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Rashada will be in gainesville
    8/23/24

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Suiting up for us right;)

7. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    For the record, I wasn’t directing that question at you, I just was wondering that out loud lol.

I think that’s probably the best answer given that my question isn’t one with a true “right” or “wrong” answer. But my question does make me wonder; did the admin lie to CBN because it was said that he wanted the admin to be all in on football/recruiting etc so either they lied to him to lure him or they are going all in and he just can’t close. I think time will tell.

I’m NOT panicking but I am getting a bit rattled by how things look RIGHT NOW.

part of me, now giving it thought, does believe it’s more of the admin “fault” then just not being able to recruit because no way did Corey Raymond just forget how to recruit. Same with Tim Brewster with the last coaching staff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    yes.

lol. Ok, that was sarcastic. It is more likely that if we have some quality kids commit, these are the type of players that are okay with and believing that they will be taken care of via NiL when they arrive on campus / sign the Letter of intent and that the $ we promised would come their way (whatever amount that may be) will be there for them.

it is the players (and families and handlers and agents now) who want to get paid / guaranteed $ before they sign the Letter of intent or arrive on campus that we miss out on. Since the admin is totally against this approach and actively advising all Florida boosters and fans from doing this (see the letters they sent us as well as hearing this over and over in SS interviews) then the administration is handicapping the staff / football program. I guess this doesn’t mean they don’t care about football but it does mean that they care less about football than nearly every peer program that compete with. Which sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I think this is a great way to look at it as well. Part of me thinks the admin is going to only be as dedicated to football depending on how successful we are on the field. One of those “ill only support you and give you whatever you want IF you show me first that you can do a good job on the field”.

10. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I don’t think they lied to him. I’d lean more towards that UF thought that all programs using NIL as it is actually allowed by the ncaa would even the playing field and UF would have tons of money to never be out bought by $, letting the coaching staffs win or lose recruits based on salesmen/recruiting chops. So a kid might choose another school but it wouldn’t be for just more money.

instead…out of the gate, programs are using $ to induce recruits which is not allowed by the ncaa. And UF is a school that is still, for some reason, following major ncaa rules. So now Billy is handicapped. But he has a right to be peeved at UF for this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    Fair or not the fan base has already lost its patience and are now threatening to pull their Gator Collective funding.

This is turning into an absolute mess. Can’t blame the fans for being pissed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Fromm, it’s almost like leaving Trask on the bench for Franks.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    In other words, you believe our admins have been living in a vacuum and are naive as they come.

14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Not many of those types of fans. Most have vastly more patience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You’re probably on to something but don’t completely jump the gun.

16. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    What really are you pissed at?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s the lines they are probably asked not to cross. The admins and multimillion dollar donors are probably very well acquainted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    if the admin does think like that, we’re screwed. Hey I understand wanting to be a school that thrives in other athletics like football but none of these other sports will ever bring in the money or attention that football does. It ticks me off because you think Bama or LSU fans are mad that their admin doesn’t prioritize other sports at their schools the way they do football? Hell no, they’ve accepted that football is king and if other sports thrive despite not having the resources they’d want, then great. If they flounder, oh well. Florida being a top school in baseball and track doesn’t rake in money or attention like THAT to the point they need to be spotlighted as much as the admin/athletic department seems to be doing.

Football being more successful means more money for other sports. Why dont they get this?!?!?!?

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Cmon. What’s crash and burn? You are venting like a child.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  20. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    What are you happy with regarding our football program?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.