Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

5:00 P.M. PT., 8:00 P.M. ET. ABC -The 92nd. Oscars Awards.

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by RayGator, Feb 9, 2020.

1. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

I thought the politics was not horrible this year. Brad Pitt's comments were a little cringey. I could hear Ricky Gervais' Golden Globe comments echoing throughout the hall as Brad Pitt got political. The groan in the crowd was palatable. Overall the usual preachy suspects like Lauren Dern, Hanoi Jane, etc kept to the script. I did think for best song Harriett got robbed by Sir Elton's tired 1970's ballad. Parasite ...meh, don't get it, I saw and wanted to like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Not a problem. Having the same thread topic and similar titles on more than one forum can be confusing.

3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pitt's acceptance speech was a lot like his acting performances...kinda weak.
    He must have heard Bolton's name on CNN and thought it would raise his IQ.
    Totally agree with you on Parasite. It was 'over-the-top', unlikely violence that
    is uncharacteristic of Koreans. Good movie but 1917 was a much more epic film.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  4. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    At least they had Chris Rock and Steve Martin show as the 'Not' Hosts.!

5. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

I also really wanted to like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The second act was painfully slow and unnecessary. The movie could have been editing down to 1:45 and been much better. I think the academy agreed. I saw some really great films last year and none of them got mentioned. One was A Ghost Story with Casey Affleck. A small movie that was really well done. I think Parasite got best picture because of some virtue signaling by the academy.."Hey look those Koreans can make something besides phones and cheap cars..." Kind of like how Moonlight got best picture a few years ago to be PC.