Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

44 Percent Say Coronavirus Is 'Wake-Up Call' from God, Sign of His Judgment

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Apr 5, 2020.

1. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    44 Percent Say Coronavirus Is 'Wake-Up Call' from God, Sign of His Judgment

2. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah my JW mother in law definitely thinks the end is near. Something about earthquakes too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The locusts in Africa aren't helping. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    "Now if they would only drink the kool-aid"-Jim Jones

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    In times of struggle, people try to put events into their world view to better deal with them. Not surprising that an event with so much fear and death associated with it would be viewed through that lens by those who are religious

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson may similar comments about the 9-11 attacks on the WTC.
    Falwell: blame abortionists, feminists and gays
    Falwell and Robertson Blame Liberal America

Pat Roberson also made a similar remark regarding Hurricane Katrina as well as other natural disasters.
    Top 10 Pat Robertson Gaffes - TIME
    Pat Robertson Blames Natural Disaster Victims

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Just in: 43% of people didn’t read anything after “coronavirus is a wake up call”.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Ironic, because Convid19 is proven scientifically to be the result of natural evolution of previous SARS viruses. Blaming God for evolution. Cute.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Funny Funny x 5
  9. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    1,000 years ago: virgins get tossed into the volcano
    Today: we must have done something wrong - God's angry

Things we fear and do not understand

• Like Like x 3
  10. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    I wouldn’t say with complete certainty that we are under God’s judgment. I’m not a prophet. However, if you want to see what judgment looks like, then look at Sodom and Gomorrah. Fire from heaven and they were instantly consumed. All of them died.

Us? Many will probably will die, so it could be judgment. In Biblical times plagues were used as punishment for sin. We still have life, a roof over our heads, food on the table...but we are not sovereign over our own lives. God is. I think what has been clearly demonstrated is we are not in control of our own lives.

And some other things to consider:

1. China upped its persecution of Christians this year, and decided to write a Communist edited and approved version of the Bible. Revelation promises plagues to those who would add or take away content from the book of Revelation.

2. The United States has a blood guilt count of 60 million since Row vs. Wade. Europe is in a similar boat. One of the primary reasons abortion is chosen is autonomous freedom and economic prosperity. We’re not free at all right now, and the economic outlook is as bleak as ever. So, I look at it this way: the idols of autonomous freedom and personal economic prosperity have been crushed, but we’re still here. We haven’t been totally destroyed. It is a good time to recognize that God is God, and we are not. Repent while you still have breath, and turn to Christ for the forgiveness of your sins that your sins might be blotted out.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Funny x 4
    • Come On Man x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. I have been saying that this comes from the other direction.

This is a Satanic attack upon this nation and those righteous ones still left in it.

It is FAR too easy to blame God for the bad things that happen and to ignore His blessings... IF you reject Him.

Whereas those that accept Christ understand that He does not unduly put the yoke upon us. He is NOT our adversary and He is NOT a harsh, cruel unfeeling Judge. That is propaganda from the pagan left. They want to blame God like they want to blame our President.

This is time, not to turn FROM God, but TOWARD Him.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    God doesn't work that way. God hasn't done things like that since Jesus was crucified. Jesus was the final sacrifice. Every generation has their "God" moment. In 1918, we had it when 20 to 50 million died from the worst disease since the Black Death. It coincided with WWI. Then we had another moment during the Great Depression, then WWII. This is man made folks. We did this to ourselves. When you read up what goes on in China, you understand why so many new flu strains originate from there. We just can't do that anymore. China after this needs to change their ways before the world does it for them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    What the hell was the choke at Doak?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Man, don’t burst my bubble like that. I thought this was the wrath of Thanos

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    They’re all nut cases, or shameless hucksters. Hell, they may even be both.

Nearly 60 years ago, in an anthropology class, I observed to the horror of many, that for all the good our brains have done our species and the planet, we may as well still be apes in the forests grooming one another and screwing when we got mad. I’m not encumbered by notions of god, and I feel more strongly about my observation with every passing year. The Falwells of the world prove my lament.
    upload_2020-4-5_22-28-52.jpeg

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    44% of people also believe the Earth is only 6000 years old. Coincidence?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I love this line: “we are not sovereign over our own lives. God is.” Did this include, say, Hitler, or the guy who sodomized a baby and then killed it? Don’t answer. I’ve heard ever single inane and shallow one of them. I do not mean disrespect of God, of you, or of your religion, but I always cringe whenever someone ascribes evil to God.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Someone’s approval rating is also around 44%. Correlation or causation?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I would respect your “beliefs” had you not said this: “He does not unduly put the yoke upon us. He is NOT our adversary and He is NOT a harsh, cruel unfeeling Judge. That is propaganda from the pagan left.One who has found Christ and seeks to follow his teachings would never say such a thing. Judging others with slurs is not something Christ would have done. Has Christ’s love abandoned your heart, brother?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Given the context, and upon the authority duly bestowed upon me, I herby nominate this hilarious zinger POST Of THE YEAR!

• Funny Funny x 3