Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

4* OL Peyton Joseph Commits to UF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    You're a bad, bad man.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Sometimes its pretty obvious from the jump, sometimes it takes some time, but they eventually reveal their true colors. And those colors are definitely not Orange & Blue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    I understand where you are coming from but that seems awful subjective doesn't it?
    It's possible if Ali was on GC and no one knew her husband was a Gator punter, she could be considered by some staunch defenders of BN a troll, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2024
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    And I still recall 2012 and ppl bitching about that offense all season. Obviously there must have been some reason.

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    My point is it is hard to satisfy College Football fans, even when winning.
    There is always reason to complain in football. Just check UGA and Bama's sites.

But UF's current realities make me appreciate seasons like 2009 or 2012 all the more now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I am indeed. Very, very naughty, I mean...Perry Como was the bomb!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    It doesn't make one a troll to believe that BN will ultimately fail as HC of the Gators. There is ample evidence that one could point to that would indicate the likelihood of that. She might get roasted by the true believers, but I don't think she would be considered a troll for an unpopular opinion. Trolls get off by tweaking the real Gator fans on this site (BN supporters or not). They continually enjoy pointing out shortcomings of the team we love and explain it away as "just presenting facts." There are at least a few trolls that have been on this site for years for some odd reason (no life?).

I'll give one example....if anytime there is a negative mention of Jameis Winston (a truly despicable human) on this site, there will be posters that rarely post except to defend him. I'll let you make up your own mind about whether that falls in the "troll" category or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I get it. My point is, however, that both of those offenses showed major flaws that came back to haunt them later in the season which some fans believed weren't being addressed by the coaching staff. There was reason to crab about those team's offenses. 2009 was particularly upsetting because we saw what that offense was capable of if it had been unleashed earlier than the Sugar Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    "They continually enjoy pointing out shortcomings of the team we love and explain it away as "just presenting facts." There are at least a few trolls that have been on this site for years for some odd reason (no life?)."

I'll give one example....if anytime there is a negative mention of Jameis Winston (a truly despicable human) on this site, there will be posters that rarely post except to defend him. I'll let you make up your own mind about whether that falls in the "troll" category or not.

How do you know they "enjoy" pointing out shortcomings, do you always know their intent? I suppose some may even take pleasure if UF fails or BN is fired to where they could say told you so. I get it but hate it, that seems to be a character issue. Further, Isn't it possible especially with guys to not want to back down in a fight as to which is right about what is observed or future possibilities regarding the present and future of the football program, so it keeps getting brought up? Is it possible the repetitiveness of a post or repost by someone can open the door to a posters view even though it may have been posted many times before? And since when has name calling been permitted on GC? It seems to me that name calling shifts from dialogue to personal insult doesn't it? Do we even understand what a sports forum is all about? Isn't it about sharing views and thus providing reasons for one's views? Some reasons may be better than others but it's a shame when a sports forum ends up name calling or worse hatred. It doesn't have to be a pissing match. I like that this forum allows for ignoring posters or simply not responding we all have choices.
    All I'm saying is calling a poster a troll remains subjective in so many instances, and if a poster is somehow disliked it seems easier to begin the name calling. I do agree defending JW is a tell tell sign. Thanks for a respectful dialogue.

10. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator VIP Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    For Trolls, true Trolls it has nothing to do with the program. They are on every board, site and forum out there. They are negative miserable people who use whatever platform as a means to subtly harrass folks, argue and cause chaos, which they thrive on. Left lane road rage mentality on a keyboard. Every site has a handful. If we all blocked them, they would leave to a new battleground as their true interest is dragging people down and not enjoying or discussing anything. You would be surprised who they are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. ecogator

ecogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Leesburg
    Dang, y'all are old. 1985 here. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Well I hope Peyton Joseph isn't following this thread or else he is going to see on and on dribble of posters calling each other out or ranting on and on about their personal deceptions, instead of focusing on Peyton and getting to know one of our best prospects to date. This is why I gave up trying to advance any recruiting info here like I use to because after the 2nd page of most threads they go into on and on dribble about other stuff, instead of following along with the program. I don't get why some of you don't start your own thread to argue back and forth so you can please your own self. Perhaps it's because others posters would not want to read the dribble. Huh.... Here we are on page five and not a single post about Peyton.

I personally think Peyton could be a game changer for this staff since we just lost an O-Line coach and now we get one of our best OL recruits in the BN era. Something is going in the right direction, either more NIL money or better player connections with staff or both. Watching his tapes this dude looks elite and I'm very happy we have a commitment which hopefully gives us an advantage going into December. We now have a chance to begin building an impressive OL future if we can get one or two more high level recruits this year. Let's hope we do cause BN is going to need them.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  13. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Sometimes people are just negative or combative by nature, and sometimes people really are trolls. Other than history and post counts, I find it’s hard to figure out who you are dealing with. I try to reserve judgement until it’s obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  14. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Carson beck literally used his UF offer to get his UGA offer lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    It is impressive to see them recruit well considering their record.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Maybe, and I'm sure I'll get crushed for this, UF's NIL isn't as bad as many believe it is. Not 1 post with an atta boy for the NIL, but if he had signed elsewhere it would be pages on pages of how it sucks.

Great pickup by staff and support.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Not really an issue 100+ …but the under is a challenge. Though, our win W/L does play a part. But I’ll say $$$ plays a bigger part on the under.

18. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    That’s what I see. UGA will go through their list maybe miss a couple then say son “ come home “ , sorry Gata”

19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    You called us Gates live our rivals? Are you trolling???

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    Since sarcasm rarely comes through in text, I’m going to assume that was a joke and that you’re familiar with the racing term, “out of the gates.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.