Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

4* OL Peyton Joseph Commits to UF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Feb 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    I'm curios, fill us in on how to identify trolls from non trolls? What exactly is your definition of a troll? And lastly, how can you be certain one is a troll verse anyone you may strongly disagree with? Just asking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Wait are you saying in this world of NIL that Peyton Joseph is for Sale?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  3. UF76JMH

UF76JMH Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    Charleston SC
    With a 247 composite of .9485, I think he’s the highest rated OL commit we’ve had in a while! Great get for sure!

GO GATORS
    #beatmiami

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Coming on board 3 months ago and nearly every post is hyper critical of the program, for starters. Sorry …but it does raise some red flags.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    Were any comments mean spirited or unfounded, or out of place based on the context of the OP or replies of others?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess we need a sarcasm emoji? Lol...

Think and post positive thoughts... ;)

7. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    When did you stop beating your wife?

Why do you give your two cents worth when it's only a penny for your thought?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    Interesting, I open the sports news, and the top story is whether BN can survive on the hot seat. And we are supposed to celebrate the commitment of Joseph? And how does that affect 2025 and 2026 commitments?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Hands to the headboard?

10. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Seriously? In this moment of some genuinely positive news, are you actually more concerned with the musings of a gaggle of semi-pro cyber hacks than with the commitment of the highest rated OL recruit for UF in some time? You really don't see anything here but doom and gloom? Wow. Personally, I can come up with several more pressing things to dither about than the cloud of media generated flatulence currently hanging over the program. But that's just me and my growing distain for the fifth estate, I suppose. With your permission, I'll go back to being happy with the pickup now.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  11. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Aren't they all now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Yes, doc, celebrate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I still remember 09 - Freakin unbeaten (regular season) and people bitching about the offense all season long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Well I don't understand why getting a top 125 offensive lineman (121 and 123 24-7 and On3) is bringing up negative posts but considering this is as big an offensive line commit as UF has had in a long time............ Welcome Aboard! Lets get another few big boys !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Very high ranking. Commit #4 I believe. 3 four stars and one 3 star. Great start!, keep it rolling staff!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Supposedly Joseph has the longest arms ever measured in the NCAA...great get. Now if he were to decommit or portal out at any point we would need to reassess that measurement immediately.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thanks, did not know that about the young man. Happy for the commit. Of course, given the new realities, I tend to reserve final thoughts
    for when pen meets paper, neverthless, congrats to the staff for an early great pickup at a position that always is (in need).
    Just got to hold on to em until early signing day (Dec. ?) of this year. With all the changes early signing day may change, who knows??

18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I get my sports news from different places than others I get. No one is speculating about a coach 12 months from now before a game is even played in the sports news I read. Sounds like some must listen to sports talk radio rather than news. I get it that a coach as a program like UF can’t have losing seasons and expect to be loved and clearly not sustainable but have also seen the last two recruiting classes, the commits thus far this year and the changes he has quickly made in staff and support. Schedule has not been our friend. You can also see that Mullen left cupboard bare in terms of talent. No draft choices on team in first two rounds this year. No real star upperclassman. Would take anyone time to build off that. Fire Billy and his staff and every player can transfer. Lose all momentum you had.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Haven’t they always been or do people selectively forget Fred Taylor saying Georgia gave him 50k to be a puppy.

20. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    My thinking as well. Obviously alot of naysayers simply because many fans at big programs want the immediate quick fix, winning record and top rcruiting class.
    For sure, who dosen't?

The reasons I like Billy is he seems to approach everything he does in carefully calculated, measured steps. He also does not sell his players or staff out after losses.
    He is not a braggert or loud mouth, and is working hard to develop an atmosphere of trust and fairness.

I like it when he rewards the occassional WO with a scholly.

Before the grenades gety lobbed, yes, he needs to win. Billy gets a pass seasons 1 and 2 from me.

Having said that, going into year three, hopefully we will see some profit from Billys recruiting and transfer portal decisions.

I an eager for success to. The schedule offers robust opportunity to gain respect in the SEC and nationally.
    Looking forward to Billys team showing us what they can do in 24.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.