Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

39 years ago today

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Feb 7, 2020.

1. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Just 64? I always knew you were a young guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Yep...
    Today's that day....turned that "young" 64 a couple hours ago....
    Oh, well...I guess this is the age my Dad told me about when I was a kid...

As you hit your mid-60's and up...you fart more and care less...and, you drink either Coke or Pepsi...not to make you wanna dance...but to help you burp.. :)...

But, as a young now turned 64....I'll see what the future holds....

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Welcome to the club

4. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    Well, we can have both: quality coach and man. Everyone needs something to help them go to bed at night. Ironically, I've never heard a UGA fan refer to Kirby as a quality man, yet they like him better than Richt.
    Happy birthday and I think the last time Ga won the NC , the price of gas was 50 cents a gallon; you could buy a new car for $5k ; no cell phones ; my neighborhood hadn't gotten cable yet; there was still hope for a Beatles reunion; and bell bottoms were still cool.

5. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    And my Dad told me, and I remember, “Son, don’t get old, you won’t like it. Your parts will ware out and break down at times.” And he would add this sometime, “Son, remember, there is no cure for old age.” My Dad was so smart; I just didn’t realize that when I was so fortunate to have him.

And of course, Mom sure was smart too. I was a fortunate boy.

6. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Dad's seemed to have those pearls of wisdom as you were growing up..My Dad was a stand-up comedian just about his entire life, so some of his "pearls" could be off the wall, but the one that really stuck was; "Life is too short to not laugh."....Unfortunately, we lost him back in 1990...

As for our Moms..Whem I was4, My Mom would have me sitting at the kitchen table memorizing the 50 States...then their Capitols, playing Scrabble, etc...(I breezed througth school)......

But.....by the time I was a fresman in high school, my Mom constantly reminded me...for four long years;...." You're 14 now...I can't wait for you toturn 18 and get oiut of school, so yu can get out of the house!"...and the next ywear, it was;.."You're 15 now...I can't wait...etc.etc.etc..."
    And the next year......
    And finally..;" Well..you're 18 now...done with school.....

So, Ray...That "You're __ now", still gets me, So, when I woke up this morning, the first thing I uttered to myself was.."Well, I'm 64 now....then,,,
    My phone rang, and it was my Mom saying "Well,..you're 64 now."....:eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Happy birthday guys.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BrianUF5220

BrianUF5220 Senior

Feb 2, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    In my best WESGators impression...

Well at least you have seen a few FSU baseball NCs.