Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 WR Josiah Abdullah COMMITS!

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by funngun28, Jan 14, 2024.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Wasn't that Noel Devine he raced barefoot?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Hence, the reason I said football in their hands...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Agreed, going back to other posts about timed speed vs football speed. Two different things.

4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I do remember that, but I don’t recall being as wowed by that as when Demps just took off and no matter what angle you had it was a bad angle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hobegator

hobegator Junior

May 16, 2017
    Hobe Sound
    Louis Oliver is the first one I can remember who trained catching rabbits in the muck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    The disconnect, IMO, lies in losing five straight to end the season - especially when we appeared ready and able to do at least somewhat better. There's no mystery as to why the class didn't hold together as well as it might have. Who wouldn't expect a miserable end to a once promising season to have a negative impact on ESD? To be fair though, BN's "failed" landing still resulted in a "very good" class with at least two of the most highly regarded recruits we've landed in some time. Obviously, I'm not pumping a lot of sunshine these days, for a whole host of reasons. But the Spring roster should be significantly more talented than it has been in sometime, despite multiple defections. Who knows, maybe winning the games we can and should win will help recruiting. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    i still maintain we overachieved on the field and recruiting. Considering all the challenges on staff issues, shifting landscape of NIL, and roster deficiencies.

It's a big picture to take in so I guess the easy thing to do is for simple minds to point out some obvious flaws and scapegoat.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  8. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Fast and strong? Need that gif of Percy smacking Urbans ass

9. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Overachieved on the field...so you were thinking what we should have got 4 wins? 3?...how bout 2? Simple minded...man we won 5 games and youre saying we OVERACHIEVED and then calling out those who arent OK with that "big picture". There are a litany of never ending screw ups by our team and last I checked its the coaches job to field a team thats capable of winning and improving week after week. Nah..I dont think I saw that. Billy owns it...its his hires...his recruits..his time management...his portal..his plays (some of which are inexcusable)...his coaches...and absolutely no Gator should think we have overachieved when weve lost to virtually every rival weve played under him....and Vandy too! There are plenty of lesser teams with less opportunity who navigated the NIL just fine...plenty of teams who were left with less...staffing issues...cry me a river he hired them so thats on him. Obvious flaws...and scapegoat...I think that is so self evident even a simple minded person could figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tolbert1906

Tolbert1906 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    I wouldn't get too excited about this right now, given what we saw with all of the flips away from our 2024 class. Let's see how the season goes. That'll tell us if we have a chance of holding on to him. :emoji_pray:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Are you claiming our commit from the big kindergartener may not go through as planned?:eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. swampgator93

swampgator93 Recruit

Sep 1, 2023
    Treasure Island, Florida
    Chris Rainey as well.

13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Poor rabbits :eek:

14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That’s right Tolbert, don’t set yourself up for disappointment

• Like Like x 1
  15. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    I noticed this on Twitter. None of our guys are on their list. 20240206_064136.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    This is a list of guys already in college and playing. Not sure they even counted mizell with such little snaps last season. But Hawkins would definitely make that list if they were counting new signees. Tank hawkins is a rocket.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’ve never given too much credence to track times. To me it’s more acceleration at half speed stopping starting change of direction and that sort of thing. It’s not how fast you are, but can you run through a defense. That true top and speed only matters once you get through everyone. I’m not sure if Tony was always the fastest person on the field but he was damn sure the hardest one to catch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I’ve thought about that very example myself. I always reflect back to Joe Haden’s 40 time at the combine also. He may have clocked around a 4.8 but he sure did look faster on a football field. And based on where he went in the draft and how he did in the league, seems like NFL guys thought the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    For CB's they can mask the lack of elite speed with great hip movement. With the cushion they have off the line , CB's that can rotate theor hips fluidly and mirror the receiver can compensate. If playing press and they don't have that cushion,then some physicality to jam the receiver at the line stiffens the WR's ability accelerate.

But otherwise I agree with you. There are definitely 2 different kinds of speed when it comes to the gridiron Track / football. Some can do both, some only excel at one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    if I can take the right angle on Dempsey I think I’m a lot more confident of tackling him when I get there but Percy or Tony, oh hell, no. If I’m by myself, he is going somewhere else