Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 Class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 17, 2024.

1. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    One is an asshole, the other a legend.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    There is a sad, small minority who want to win at all costs. They actually think Kiffin and Spurrier are cut from the same cloth. Quite the opposite, most of us know.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I know - people who insist on likening Kiffen to Steve Spurrier reveal their ignorance

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    If you think Kiffy is anything like Spurrier you obviously aren’t old enough to recall his coaching tenure at UF.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    And Kiffin will never be a Legend. But dream if you must.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Get off my lawn. That guys a schmuck

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Lane is certainly the "Flavor of the Month". How many head coaching jobs did he hold before having some (real) success?

I suppose I am like many others whom like the "toned down" Kiffen far better than the jerk that landed in Knoxville.

I'm not so sure how much "credit" Kiffen should get for his stay at Alabama. Sure he was good, but look what he had to work with!

Having posted that, I am firmly on the side of the group that wants Kiffen to "Show Me". I don't think Lane has proven
    any "greatness" until he wins something at Ole Miss. Good - Yes, Great?? My jury is still out on that.

Now he may have a great squad this year, it looks like Lane got the "Mint Julip" crowd at Ole Miss to open up the wallets.

Anyway, it will be interesting to follow Ole Miss this season.

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They got completely embarrassed at Georgia last year. I think he might’ve gotten Kirby‘s attention and got the good foot up the ass. If he wins nine or 10 games and gets the shit kicked out of him by the best teams in the conference, he’s no better than the last four coaches we had. They did that at some point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    He hasn’t toned down all that much and is still a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    He doesn’t act like as much of a douche as he did when he was younger, but still acts like more of a douche than everyone else did when they were younger. He’s no longer younger.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 All American

Alabama should get the credit for molding Lane into something of an SEC caliber coach, not the other way around. Because Saban might have been the only person in the world with the power, system and credentials to reign in even a little bit that ego of his which was ironically his biggest obstacle to his own success.

The biggest thing in the world I was happy about when I heard of Saban retiring was that it eliminated the chance for Dan Mullen to be an OC there. Because Saban did well everything that Mullen lacked. He knew how to conduct himself professionally and handle the press, his approach to recruiting and game prep was the antithesis of Urban Meyer, who Dan Mullen emulated as much as he could, and he was a great program CEO. All things Dan Mullen was bad at in some capacity and hamstrung him as a head coach. It would have been the perfect match, as I still think Mullen is the best offensive schemer in college football and probably the best pure OC in the business. So good is he as a schemer that it almost makes up for all his other deficiencies and makes him an elite head coach. Until it falls apart and his weaknesses shine through. He could have learned a whole new way of doing things that I think would have fit his personality a lot better and would have helped with a lot of what he was weak on as a head coach. I genuinely did not want to see a revamped Dan Mullen back in the SEC who had spent time at Alabama and had a real shot to be one of the best head coaches in the country if he could put his ego aside and learn a new way of doing things when running a program.

Likewise, when Lane went to Bama, I said to myself he has a chance to be a really good head coach if he can actually pipe down and listen/learn. He seems to have done a fairly good job of that, and give the devil his due, actually molded himself into an SEC caliber head coach.

He's still an prick. But he's a prick who had to eat a bit of humble pie at Bama now, so he's more tolerable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Offensive mind? Check. Character? Not in the same league.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    • Like Like x 1
  14. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    another reason to not like Kiffey is that he was cheating on John Reaves daughter with Nick Saban’s daughter.

15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I think they are both assholes

16. foot

foot Senior

Mar 24, 2008
    Kiffin is well on his way to being a legendary asshole.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. swamp life

swamp life Senior

Aug 12, 2017
    Jacksonville
    legen...wait for it..ary!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. novagatorguy

novagatorguy Freshman

Aug 20, 2023
    Hoping for faster recruiting results on the offensive line soon. We’ll have five seniors that need to be replaced….results to date on the number of 2025 offensive line commits by SEC team appears to be:
    5 - Auburn, Texas A&M
    4 - Kentucky, LSU, Alabama, Missouri, Texas
    3 - Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee
    2 - Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
    1 - South Carolina, Vanderbilt
    0 - Florida

I think last year we better. Just hoping for good news soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s too early to worry about recruiting numbers for 25 but we have to do better recruiting the line for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1