Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2024 Official Unofficial Softball Roster

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by sandman70, Sep 5, 2023.

1. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I got the exact same answer… a non answer. They’re going to do what they want with this.

2. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pull up the 2024 roster, click on the player whose info you want, and it’s there, basically the answer to your questions and probably as close to any announcement Herb might make.

3. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Except there is still no bio for Olivia Miller. No clue why never ending silence about her right from the start and continuing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    Olivia Miller has never been formally introduced into the program by the Softball social media. She committed on “X”, was confirmed at the Diamond Club meeting in August by CTW and then shows up on the official team roster. Other than that, there has been silence like rickjs1 says. Inquiries only receive a smoke screen answer.

5. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Junior

Jan 19, 2012
    Are we even sure Olivia Miller is an actual person? Does she exist? Without an official announcement on social media, we may never know… I don’t understand the need for it to be announced. She is on the official roster. The only reason I can think of that an announcement would be called for, is simply for Olivia to have that moment of being announced as a Florida Gator. It being announced on social media isn’t going to tell us if she is immediately available. Our fellow users have said Coach Walton said she is eligible to play this season.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    When I stated social media, I included the official UF Softball website. Usually all team changes, schedules and new signees are announced there. It’s odd they didn’t announce Olivia there before adding her to the roster; and they still haven’t announced her. Olivia’s non announcement is out of the team’s general routine. The only other out of routine addition in the past few years was the addition of Christina Wellen. She ran as a pinch runner for the first time without her name on her jersey. Her addition was at the end of March, 2022. Suddenly she was in the dugout.

7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Christina was a different situation. She was already with the program as a student assistant in some administrative role. She has great speed so they put a uniform on her.

8. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    She was a student manager for a short time.

9. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Olivia wearing #13 pitched yesterday in the intrasquad game. I saw her with my own non-lyin’ eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1