Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2024 Official Unofficial Softball Roster

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by sandman70, Sep 5, 2023.

1. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    00 Ava Brown RHP/1B FR R/R
    1 Brooke Barnard INF JR-TR R/R
    2 Avery Goelz 1B SR L/L
    7 Keagan Rothrock RHP FR R/R
    8 Jocelyn Erickson 1B/RF SO-TR L/L
    9 Alyssa Hovermale 3B FR R/R
    11 Mia Williams INF FR R/R
    13 Olivia Miller LHP FR L/L
    15 Reagan Walsh INF JR R/R
    17 Skylar Wallace SS R-SR L/R
    18 Emily Wilkie C SR R/R
    22 Cassidy McLellan OF FR L/R
    23 Kaila Pollard INF SO L/R
    27 Kendra Falby OF JR L/R
    29 Katie Kistler OF SR L/L
    33 Korbe Otis OF JR-TR R/R
    47 Ariel Kowalski C FR L/R
    50 Baylee Goddard OF R-SR R/R

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Thanks for this, Sandman70. It should get some good discussion going.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Thanks sandman70. Lots of talent for there. I'm pretty sure McLlellan plays OF.

4. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Good to see this because I've been watching for the 2024 Baseball Roster to appear. The last few years they usually post a roster update a few weeks after classes get going but then take it down until fall ball. Hoping baseball posts something soon.

5. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You’re right. Thanks I just made the change.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That’s the most talented roster that we’ve had in quite some time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This team will be able to hit, run, score and be fun to watch. Key will be the three freshman pitchers settling in by the time SEC play begins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    the key is always pitching

9. novagatorguy

novagatorguy Freshman

Aug 20, 2023
    I’ve asked for an updated official roster from softball communications a number of times without success. Thanks so much for providing this. I think it’s a plus for it to be out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone have a projected starting lineup since I assume this is who we roll with.

11. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I kind of doubt even Coach Walton has a projected starting lineup yet. There will be a lot of competition for playing time this year. Falby will be in either CF or LF, Otis will be in the OF, Wallace will be either at SS or 2B, Erickson will be in the lineup somewhere and I honestly think the rest of the slots are up for grabs. From everything I've read about her, Alyssa Hovermale is an excellent third baseman and a quality hitter. Mia Williams will probably find a spot somewhere. I think she gets a shot at SS, with Wallace's natural position being 2nd. Kowalewski, Wilkie and Erickson battle for the catcher position, with Erickson able to play 1st or RF if needed. Ava Brown will get a chance to win a position when not pitching (assuming she's healthy and having played 1st base most of her time in HS and travel ball). If Pollard is fully healthy, I expect her to win a position somewhere. And then you have veterans Walsh, Kistler, Goddard and Goelz trying to earn back a spot in the regular lineup, and newcomers McLellan and Barnard trying to prove they belong. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    Brooke Barnard was the #11 ranked player in the 2021 class. She lost her brother and father to COVID. She is a Florida girl. Maybe a new venue will turn her around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There’s going to be a lot of talented players that won’t be starting. Hopefully Coach is able to spread the playing time around where warranted and keep everyone engaged.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jctngator13

jctngator13 Freshman

Jun 22, 2023
    This looks like it will be the most talented bench we’ve ever had. I’ll take a crack at my guess for lineup to start the season with keagan starting, but I feel like this lineup will change a ton throughout the year.

CF Falby
    SS Skylar
    LF Otis
    DP Walsh
    C Erickson
    2B Pollard
    RF Goddard
    3B Williams
    1B Goelz

Pitcher Keagan

A few thoughts:
    - I feel like some of the upperclassmen may get a shot at first, but I could see this lineup changing a lot during the year
    -3B is interesting. I’m not sure if Mia could even play there, but I like skylar at short and hope that Pollard can stay in the lineup. Barnard may show that she needs to be in the lineup but hoping Mia can show out and earn a spot.
    - Ava or Keagan may work their way into the lineup at first base especially if they show a good bat, but I feel like Goelz will get the opportunity to start the year. I do like having her defense there.
    - hopefully Goddard is healthy and shows more flashes of what we know she is capable of because I feel like she could really hold down one of the outfield spots if so. I really didn’t know if Otis was more of a LF or RF but just figured she’d hold one of those spots down.
    - not sure if Walsh can hold down a spot in the middle of the lineup but really hope she comes along this year
    -Kistler, Barnard, Wilkie, hovermale, McClellan, kowaleski is a solid bench

I may be way off on all of this but I like doing stuff like this lol go gators

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. novagatorguy

novagatorguy Freshman

Aug 20, 2023
    While we could probably use one more pitcher, the roster is otherwise wonderfully balanced! Just great…

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Junior

Jan 19, 2012
    The lineup posted above is what I have projected as well. While Brown and Rothrock may both be capable of hitting, with the lack of depth we have in the circle, I don’t think you can risk them hitting. Walton can’t have them get hit in the wrist by a pitch, or turn an ankle running the bases. All their focus, particularly this off-season and in the early season, needs to be 100% focused on pitching.

I think there is another portal period before the season and if Walton lands another quality arm, then it may be worth the risk.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
  18. BurkeGator

BurkeGator All American

Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Junior

Jan 19, 2012
    Wooten was the one I struggled placing from the lake day pictures. I mistook her for Barnard. Glad to have another arm on the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    This is the first I've read anything about Mackenzie Wooten. Nothing official that I can find about her or Olivia Miller. Kind of strange, but glad to see another pitcher on the roster.