Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SOC) 2022 Womens Soccer Schedule

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by gatorbiz, Jul 27, 2022.

1. traubgator

traubgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    0-0 at half vs UCF
    Not a very impressive first half.
    I’ll give them a pass this season given what has happened, but just doesn’t look like a very talented roster. Granted. That’s only watching 40 min of soccer….

2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Would imagine this will be a very difficult season....talent sorely lacking. Gonna have to rebuild from the ground up

3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    they aren’t talented relative to where we should be, this is a multi year rebuild. Becky left the roster talent poor, and half of what we had left transferred thanks to the complete debacle that was last years coach.
    Gotta give this coach some time.

and down 1-0 now.

4. traubgator

Apr 8, 2007
    Gonna be a long season. Down 3-0 to another Florida school is tough.

This will be a major process. I’m seeing a lot of just bad signs.
    Bad first touches, inability to properly open and receive a ball. Very little combination play. Not much pace or athleticism.

At least during Becky’s last few years after Savannah Jordan left we knew how to move the ball and connect passes. She just got stuck with the possession with no purpose philosophy.

I get it like I said, feal terrible for what these kids had to go through. And to be fair - I always questioned the hire. Just never seemed like a good fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's amazing how quickly we have gone from best to worst in conference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I think UF soccer has been going downhill since Savannah Jordan was a soph. Her talent hid some of it, but UF hasn't played well as a team in quite a while.

7. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Central Florida
    This was a 1-0 game before two at end. Have to play full 90. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Third coach in 3-years and major outgoing portal players. Big thanks to SS for putting the girls in this position.

8. traubgator

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll continue to watch, to see how this team grows this year. Look I feel terrible for these girls, but what I saw last night wasn't a Div 1 top 100 roster playing soccer.
    This could be a good 3-5 year rebuild. But that being said, you get one dominant striker like Savannah and things can happen, like @LTG61 said, her dominance hid so many issues with this squad.

Will be interesting, I think if Gators are the Gators, Bama doesn't make the tourney last year. The SEC will be different with UGA being good, will change the league.

9. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Central Florida
    Agree. Get someone up top who is dangerous or better yet a combo of skilled and crafty forwards. Tighten that defense as well. They can only get better.

10. traubgator

Apr 8, 2007
    Better result today for sure against Stetson. But Stetson isn’t very good.
    still saw some questionable touches and lack of movement into space. The 2nd goal was a dang rip. Beautiful goal.

UCF tied LSU today.

11. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    hopefully some of the movement gets better and the touches a bit more confident as they settle into the new system. And to see them get a win is nice for their confidence. But not much hope in many more of those this year. Hope they prove me wrong.
    This coach’s success will ride on whether she can reload the roster. She didn’t do much this summer with transfers, which wasn’t a good sign. But hoping for the best.

12. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    my first post back in a while and a friend of mine has a daughter on the team now, was told we got a very good commit recently and a few other what they consider 4 star commits coming. She committed to last guy, but was going to back out and go to SC. But talked to Samantha and decided to come and loves the new staff.

• Like Like x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Anyone else with thoughts/impressions of the new coach?

14. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lost to Baylor tonight....scoreless first half but UF was outplayed. Baylor got an early second half goal and UF answered with about 10 minutes left. Baylor got the winner with under 2 remaining

15. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    It's tough to see our soccer program in such a bad place. Makes it feel even worse when our rivals are excelling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    It will take some time to build the program again. Coaching hiring mistakes are disastrous for momentum and continuity. Lot of transfers out as a result. Should be fine by year 3, but lacking offense or scorers this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Another close tough loss.
    Gave up the winner with 10 minutes left, and put one off the bar with a minute left that would have tied it.
    This was the first full game I watched. If she gets quality players into this system we could be fun to watch, and really dangerous. Even today, with the loss it was an enjoyable game.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Glad to see them being competitive. Losing sucks but not being competitive is a quick way to lose the team for the season.

19. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This game was pretty encouraging IMO....progress despite the loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1