Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2022 SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championships

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by bigDgator, May 14, 2022.

1. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Stark is ranked 5th in the hurdles, she is well down the list (not predicted to score) in the 100 meters. The 4x100 is also not predicted to score at nationals.

2. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    that fall at the SEC

3. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Anna is well down the individual national list for the short hurdles, so I suspect she is using the opportunity to prep for the heptathlon.
    I suspect with the 400 hurdles Mouse will evaluate the numbers (perhaps up until the event) and make a decision then. I believe he really wants the one championship that has eluded him, but he always balances that with what’s best for the athlete. That’s a tough double being so close together, but as I said Anna Hall is a remarkable athlete.

4. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    UF is not known for distance running, but I wanted to recognize this person.

Parker Valby shattered the school record in the 5000 meters (15:32.41) to win silver and bag eight crucial team points as Arkansas and LSU creeped closer to the top of the leaderboard.
    Her race was not only her first-complete race since January, but it was her first collegiate 5000-meter race during the outdoor season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    we are trying to manufacture extra points without Grace, 6 pts may be a HUGE difference and Anna is a supreme athlete. She can walk away running about 3/4 speed in the 800 of the hep and still win. So I commend Mouse for given it a look

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    She has a real chance to score team points for us in a distance event for the first time in awhile. Her progression has been very impressive.
    You’re absolutely correct Valby’s contribution could prove pivotal in what would appear going in as a close team competition, but whatever happens she has been stellar this year (both in Cross Country and the limited… by injury… track seasons.
    Very good post.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. gatorpjb

gatorpjb Senior

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    Absolutely true, Anna’s best is right at 400 points better than the second ranked heptathlete currently, I still think Mouse will keep a running tab of team points and only use Anna in the 400 hurdles if necessary.
    The bigger consideration might be how Sterling Lester is doing… she is currently shown as not scoring by less than 50 points.