Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2022 Prospect to Watch - QB Jacurri Brown

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, May 16, 2020.

1. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    His stats for his senior HS year include only 7 games of the 13 total games he played that year of those 7 games where his stats were recorded his completion rate was close to 55%, but also keep in mind he was playing on a team that was very run oriented. Lamar had 3 times as many rushing yards from the QB position than any of the other RB on that HS team.

Keep in mind too, that at Louisville his pass completion percentage never broke the 50% barrier, and he continued on with being a running QB rushing for almost 1000 yards his freshman year then rushing for about 1600 yards his soph and junior years. His 2019 pro season was the 1st year of his entire HS, college, and pro career he broke the 60% barrier as a passer, as well as still rushing for more than 1000 yards as a pro.

At the rate he's going I don't see him having a very long pro career, his body just isn't going to be able to endure that kind of punishment unless he figures out how to continue to grow as a passer and transition the rushing portion of his game into allowing him to move in the pocket seeking out 2nd and 3rd passing options rather than pulling the ball down and running.

I believe Lamar is more of a outlier than someone you could use as a standard to set an example where being a HS QB with a low completion percentage doesn't mean anything at the next level. More times than not if your completion rate is in the 50% range in HS, odds are its not going to translate into having great success at the next level.

My reason's for liking Brown at this point was his high level of a play as a HS soph, his athletic ability while also playing on one of the best coached HS teams in America. He possesses attributes as a QB that cant be coached......he has unlimited potential!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    ... and, whether you make the completion with the receiver in stride so he can make that first down or break away, as opposed to having to jump for the ball and get creamed, or turn back and get two yards even with a catch. Burrows was really good at that last year, and, it paid off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Correct me if im off but he KINDA reminds me of Vince Young when he was in high school

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019

1st - Lets remember all we have for JB is his soph year of HS, where he QB'd his team to the state title game for Georgia's largest HS classification. JB's soph stats show him passing for over 1300 yards with a 56% completion rate, while rushing for over 1500 yards and 26 total TD's.I'm still looking for Vince Young complete HS stats but so far all I've found is his senior year HS stats where he passed for over 3000 yards and rushed for almost 1300 yards and 54 total TD. Size wise JB compares almost exactly like Vince Young.....but again JB's size is as a Soph, I anticipate him putting on more weight before graduating HS, so with 2 more years of growth yet to go, he could add anywhere from 15 to 30 lbs.

If anyone is interested the entire Lowndes versus Marietta 2019 state title game is still available on the Georgia PBS website. Marietta HS last year had every right to to stake a claim to being one of the best HS football teams in America last year. If you watch the game also watch for Lowndes #95 a OLB, he committed to Miami a week or so ago......I think he's going to be a good one!

link: https://www.pbs.org/video/class-aaaaa-lowndes-vs-marietta-52kjil/

So I'm thinking by the time he graduates we could be looking at a Daunte Culpper or Cam Newton type build for JB.

Just to throw is some more food for thought.....Deshaun Watson didn't pass beyond a 50% pass completion rate in HS until his junior year and Deshaun was a 4 year starter for the Red Elephants of Gainesville HS.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Noah_Brindise

Noah_Brindise Sophomore

Oct 28, 2014
    had a decent game on ESPN2 tonight

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Jeez. Sign him up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sqgator

sqgator Senior

Apr 3, 2007

Agreed 100%, very impressive footages. Why is he not 5 Stars??

8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    lookin' good

Dan's stacking up QB's. Now if we could find a DC....<runs and hides>

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    When is the last time we got a kid from Valdosta/Lowndes? I remember missing out on Telvin Smith, Greg Reid, and Malcom Mitchell.

10. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    He needs to work on his accuracy. He is around a 45% completion percentage.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Don't remember ever getting anybody from there. I think Dexter Daniels was Valdosta High.

12. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    QBs that don’t commit early end help build a class are not leaders and have more diva tendencies. Hope Mullen chooses a QB that is a leader and champion off field as well. Don’t need any NSD QBs

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Man come on now, that's ridiculous. Tebow didn't commit to Florida early. He committed mid December. Does that not make him a leader?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2