Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2022 Prospect to Watch - QB Jacurri Brown

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, May 16, 2020.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m never late.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That’s what my old girlfriend once said

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Brown is now the #1 ranked DT QB in the 22 class.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    From a Clemson Article
    As it stands now, Brown feels he is being most heavily pursued by a few schools in particular.

“Florida, Auburn and Ohio State are recruiting me the hardest right now,” he said.

While those schools are showing Brown a lot of love, his recruitment is wide open at this point in the process. He isn’t putting much thought into top schools at the moment as he is hard at work trying to hone his craft as a signal-caller.

“I’m really focused on getting better lately and learning my new offense and preparing for the season,” he said, “but I mean time will tell and plus I’m a ’22 kid so schools can’t directly contact me.”

Brown doesn’t plan to render his commitment decision until later in the process.

“Probably next year around this time or after my season,” he said.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. cubangator

cubangator All American

Jul 8, 2017
    With Mullen's back ground with QBs should be a no brainer for any QB that Mullen wants or recruits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Sounds like Coach Johnson needs to rent a room in the Brown home for the next 16 months. This young QB is a difference maker - especially in a Mullen offense.

7. WARECOGATOR

WARECOGATOR Guest VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okefenokee Swamp
    The highlights were from his sophomore year against very good competition. I saw Camden County, Colquitt County, Ware County and Lake City Columbia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. beemerthegator

beemerthegator All American

Dec 1, 2019
    I wouldn't get too concerned with completion rate in high school, especially for a dual threat QB who are often more polished as runners at that level. It is part of the equation, certainly, but we would be seriously limiting ourselves if we only went after players who were already fully developed. Sometimes that means they have little additional upside, while some kids with tremendous potential need a little to develop and refine skills.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
    Im really hoping we wrap this up quickly. This guy is really good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Get him NOW by ANY (legal) means and please get Felix and the other jit who's interested in us at RB.

Also, ill give Brewster a pass this cycle BUUUT he better pull in some studs in the 2022 cycle or ima start wondering if the game has passed him by when it comes to being an ace recruiter.

We need to get

Singletary
    Brown
    Felix
    McCall
    Brownlow-Dindy
    Tyler Booker
    Issac Thompson

Like we need to start getting 2022 popping off asap

• Like Like x 1
  11. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There is a case for saying that high school completion percentages don't improve drastically during college, but you're right about the percentage not being the be-all, end all. For the most part, if you're a 55% thrower, that's basically what you are plus or minus a few percentage points. Of course, there are outliers, and dual threats are usually at lower percentages partly because they are using their legs to create other opportunities.

Dan Mullen is right that completion percentage isn't the only way to measure accuracy - Read and Reaction

12. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    Keeping my fingers crossed. With wanting out of Georgia, his parents liking Fla as their favorite school and Coach Mullen as a great QB coach , especially for his style of play, I like our chances. We need to hire a PI to videotape visits from other coaches just in case $$$ comes up, especially the Dawg coaches, Clemson and anyone from the state of Alabama.

13. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Someone had posted about putting too much emphasis on HS completion %, and my mind immediately thought of the article you linked......good to see someone else had the same thought!

14. WARECOGATOR

WARECOGATOR Guest VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okefenokee Swamp
    It is my understanding that Felix has grown up a Florida fan.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep and i hope we parlay that into a committment sooner rather than later since we def signing a RB next cycle. Maybe two of them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I wonder what was Lamar Jackson's completion percentage in HS? I honestly don't know. He was a terrific runner in college, but he's becoming a good passer in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I’m all for the hope but we know we aren’t getting the majority of the players on this list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Dont they all?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Gotta be hopeful right lol

20. bobbybaker86