Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) 2021 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by EastTNG8TR, May 3, 2020.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    I think we will get there. As much as I didn't want to get my hopes up this one stings a little. Those two would have instantly given the program a boost. The staff has done a great job of finding players who fit and changing the culture around the program. The fact we are in on these high level recruits is a plus, but eventually we have to start getting them. I think we will. Still plenty of talent and time left for the 21 class. Would love to offset this bit of disappointing news with a transfer guard who can play next season. Still think we need one more player for next season. The transfer board of players who could help out is dwindling fast, but there are a few still out there.

2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    The coach needs to get a few more of these type wins to turn the corner and change the momentum of the program. Billy D had his moment with Mike Miller and Donnell Harvey and even a local Teddy D. Star players need to see UF as a destination that can first win games in the SEC, secondly Have the opportunity to play in the NCAA tourney, and perhaps get them to the WNBA, if they desire. At least we are at the table now.

Cuse is a beautiful campus for 5 months, but dark/gloomy and very cold many months of the year. They actually have tunnels between buildings during the winter, so kids don’t have to go out in the bitter cold weather. Known as a top rated party school each year and not too 50 academically. Hard school to travel to from South Florida. My niece graduated from their Business school. Lot of NYers. Good sports journalism school.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hoosiergatorette

hoosiergatorette Freshman

Mar 17, 2020
    '21 Kionna Gaines 5'11 G Carver HS (ga) ESPNW #100 has us in her finalists along with
    Ky, Georgetown, Clemson, Purdue*, Southern Miss

She would be welcome in GAINESville
    Okay im done, lol, off to watch some of her film

*Edited for spelling*

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Film? :p:D Video much easier to find.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  6. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
  7. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Prospect nation has her as a 4 star and on their watch list, based on what I've seen and read about her, we may have had a lot more competition for her if we were playing aau ball right now

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    ok, I had to call some people who know much more about womens basketball then I(novice here) . I had not heard of her, I had heard rumors of us being in on who we thought was the top player in LA. So I called my people at ESPN. They knew all about her, said all the big schools were starting to make some runs at her. But most just assumed she was going to LSU or TN.

But you see a pattern of the type of girl Cam wants, long lean and athletic so we can play fast. He is stepping the recruiting up a notch every year. The twins are just now getting the recognition they deserve and Warren is that Briggs type of guard. Like hoosiergatorette typed we were about to go against the big dawgs if AAU was to be played. Just a fantastic get for us, really a step up over a few years ago the guards we were getting. I hate to say that because I liked our girls so much, but Bartram nor Johnson are in this young womens stratosphere as far as player

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    I like getting “the best player“ from a state! That’s stepping up our game, for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Oddly both were rated higher but in WBB rankings outside the Top 30 or so is more a guessing game. Her film is very promising. This year's rankings may be interesting since the evaluators won't see a lot of games. I don't know if she had an official offer yet but I know there were was at least some interest from Baylor so she has to be able to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    We should only have 1 or maybe 2 spots left in the class. I would bet on us putting the full court on for Aziaha James... maybe Valenzuela as well depending on how Cam sees the girls fitting on the roster.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Godfrey to miss st
    Blackshear to bama

I always laugh when I see 200/100/1000% committed in these statements, the ones that put this always seem to be the first to transfer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    was told we backed off Blackshear

14. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Wish we could find out who has official offers versus just getting a look.... I'd be surprised if Kayla had a commitable offer once we had the twins. I can't imagine any scenario where we take 3 Forwards in this class, particularly if Emily gets her additional year. Having 8 for the next season doesn't make a lot of sense... I doubt we will even have 7. We need to be focused on adding one more elite guard to the 21 class and one more grad transfer or late addition to this next year's roster IMO.

15. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Aziaha James to NC State

16. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Gaines to clemson

17. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Who do we think we will get? Who we waiting on?

18. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    FWIW Coach had a zoom conference recently and said he is still optimistic about the 20-21 roster

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Was he saying he was optimistic about the roster he had or optimistic that more would be added?

20. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    I wouldn't mind one more player (F/C) with one or two years left and immediately eligible, but I'm pretty happy with the roster overall.

faith is going to have to take big step this year or she will be fighting for minutes in the future so I expect her to have a big year. Excited about this years roster because theres alot of potential for some sleepers to really show us what they can do because we really have a few kids that havent had as much exposure that may end up being really solid contributors (farrell, dut, toonders this year and Warren and the twins in 21)

Sullivan could break out as well if she's had time to get stronger but I dont have as much hope for her just because she seems career injury prone

• Like Like x 1