Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) 2021 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by EastTNG8TR, May 3, 2020.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Don't know anything other than it seems a lot of people seem to be thinking Florida here. I don't want to get my hopes up, though I do think she and her teamate will play together at Syracuse or UF but you never know. IF this happens would probably the best player we have ever signed and you put her and her teamate on a team with Jordyn and Lavender and folks.... we could finally have something special brewing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Wilson announcing as well!

• Like Like x 2
  3. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    yeah a lot of excitement that we will get both tonight. If we do get these young ladies complimenting what we already have in 2 years this team will be top 10 material easily. Cam and his group have been building this recruiting base since they got on campus. They are starting to make HUGE strides in state also, I am hearing from people who never even thought about sending kids from their programs to UF now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hoosiergatorette

hoosiergatorette Freshman

Mar 17, 2020
    I hope we land both, but yesterday lattimore had an Instagram post up saying she loved SDW like a sister even if they didnt go to the same place..and inferring they were not necessarily a package deal..or going to the same place. now that post has been deleted. I hope we land both but also really my secondary hope is that lattimore doesnt go to UK. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    Was just talking to a UK person and they said they feel about 45/55 on Lattimore because this person knows Mitchell has been pushing how much depth we will have on the inside with the twins, Jordyn, Faith and Toonders...interesting plot twist.

6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Wonder if the announcement will be live and what time?

7. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    They said 830 or 9 and they are both announcing tonight

If I was a recruit I would be turned off by a coach telling you why the others are a bad choice and not just focused on selling their own program. Lattimore should be smart enough to know if she is as good as they say she will get minutes at any of the schools in her top 3. But I am not as confident as I was about a month ago. That post she made last night made it seem like she picked uk, the only school they dont have in common.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    maybe she is trying to swerve people because everyone was assuming they were going to same school. Since they are not announcing at the same time to keep things exciting? That is kind of how I read it

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Or one Syracuse one Florida? I don't think we can tell a lot of from a post. Could be anything. I think there are a lot of people excited about her choice though. I don't want to get my hopes up because we rarely land girls of this caliber... huge opportunity. Lattomore is want #1.... Wilson is a definite take as well but we could still shoot for Gordon if we missed on her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Mitchell is one I never cared for.... rather Cuse get her than UK. That said... Toonders is a different skill set, Faith will be a JR when Latasha would be on the team, and if she doesn't think she could beat out the twins then she doesn't have the right mind frame. Don't think Mitchell's snakeoil sales pitch should work here.... but who knows. I actually wouldn't be surprised though if she commits to us that we'd eventually lose the twins to another school.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Syracuse

12. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    She announced already?

13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Wilson too... dang

14. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    We pretty much knew it was Cuse or UF. Watching the live feed for Shy, these girls are great kids. Wish we'd have gotten them.

15. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Location played a big factor in the end for these two I think. Still stand by what I said--glad she isnt at UK but they will be following a huge incoming class of 6 players in 2020 at cuse including kamilla cardoso so they will have to battle for minutes there more than they would here

16. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    I am sure location definitely helped, and Cuse has had some real success lately. Probably should have read the tea leaves when the twins committed. They are good, but it would be hard to imagine taking 3 posts in that one class. I would imagine with them in the fold Gordon now becomes priority #1. I'd like one true PG and one other guard/wing to go along with them.

17. hoosiergatorette

Mar 17, 2020
    Gordon and Godfrey are two PGs we have a good chance with

18. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    I like both... I'd assume Gordon is Plan A. Godfrey is a very good Plan B though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

20. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    In a way, good to, at least, be in the mix for this sort of talent.

now, we need a break thru season to attract the very best players. Cam has caught their eye, at least. Now, raise the play to be a winning program and the girls will want to come. Be part of a winning program.

• Like Like x 1