Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2021. Jan. 2nd. 12:30 P.M. ET. ABC. OUTBACK BOWL - Ole Miss vs Indiana.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Jan 2, 2021.

1. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Saturday, January 2, 2021.
    12:30 P.M. ABC.

OUTBACK BOWL.

Ole Miss Rebels. SEC.
    VS.
    Indiana Hoosiers. Big 10.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  2. llm85

llm85 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    Read this morning in the Indy Star that Indiana removed the B1G logo from their helmet and jersey.

3. GatorLuke

GatorLuke GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Corral is very good.

4. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    2nd Qtr 7:17

Rebels. 6.

Hoosiers. 3.

5. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ole Miss just missed an extra point and are now up only 6 with Indiana driving.

6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ole Miss makes it 5-2 SEC bowl wins.
    Thank you for not opting out Rebels.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ole Miss wins.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    Ole Miss got the win over a very good IU team. Coach Allen will get a shot at a better program at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    FINAL SCORE.

Ole Miss Rebels. 26.

Indiana Hoosiers. 20.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    So the only SEC teams to lose so far are an Auburn team with no head coach and UF.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sulla

Sulla Senior

Oct 28, 2012
    Oxford, MS
    Ole Miss’s two best receivers opted out before the last game of the season against LSU, which probably cost Ole Miss the game a couple of weeks ago. Kiffin also fired the DL coach before the bowl and had a GA coaching them today.

Defense has their best game of the year, and the backup QB ends up a clutch receiver in his first game ever playing that position, leading to the Rebels pulling out an upset win against #11 and finishing at .500 in Kiffin’s first season.

That’s not bad coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's excellent coaching.
    And perfect example of taking control.
    Kiffin understands what it takes to win in the SEC.
    Hate to admit this but the Rebels immediate future looks brighter than ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sulla

Sulla Senior

Oct 28, 2012
    Oxford, MS
    Yeah, basically canned Deke Adams, the DL coach, after the defense rolled over in Baton Rouge and coughed up 53 points to LSU. From what I understand, this was a warning shot across the bow of the rest of the defensive staff that they better get a helluvalot better in the bowl game or more heads are going to roll at the end of the season. We'll see what happens, but the defense actually stiffened up and won Ole Miss the game today.

I don't know what to think of Florida right now. The only particularly infuriating loss I remember from Dan's first two years was Kentucky. However, the games after Arkansas we played reminded me a lot of when MSU's teams under Mullen seemed to just kinda lose focus in November and inexplicably start dropping games. We have that total head scratcher against LSU, give Alabama their closest game of the season so far with one to go, and then barely show up for the Cotton Bowl. Plus there is the COVID-19 backdrop looming over all of this.

I guess I'd be lying if I didn't say I think watching Ole Miss next year will be more fun than watching Florida. I feel like with UF I just have another season of watching our defenses blow one third-and-long after another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Yep, good year for ole miss. Fans should be optimistic given what they've been thru in recent years.
    Different level of expectations than Florida tho. Miss fans happy to be competitive, Gator fans want to win it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sulla

Sulla Senior

Oct 28, 2012
    Oxford, MS
    The more success you have, the more you want. No one is ever ultimately successful with just being competitive once they have a record of being so.

I remember when Miss. State fans were happy to just make a bowl and beat Ole Miss. After getting a taste of the big time for a moment in 2014, they fired the next guy after Dan after two years despite a 14-12 record, going 2-0 against their biggest rival, and going bowling both years. Prior to Dan, they’d have thought Joe Moorhead was the second coming.

No one is ever ultimately happy just being competitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anybody hear Kiffin’s back door shot at Mullen? In his press conference after their bowl game Kiffin said (and I’m paraphrasing) “almost all of the teams were playing short handed. Some of those teams stepped up and got the job done, while others made excuses.” Guess who he was referring to. The problem is, he was right.

17. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    You can't be serious.

Mullen understands what takes to win in the SEC. How much winning did Kiffin do this season?

18. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Agreed, fan expectations for Ole Miss will be much higher next year given their success this year. They might not be so happy with a .500 record, especially since it looks like they have a favorable 2021 schedule. Interestingly, I believe Liberty and Hugh Freeze come to town.

I have family that recently moved to Oxford and while visiting have talked to a few of the locals. They do seem satisfied with this season tho and are optimistic regarding LK. They didnt seem at all upset about losing to Florida. Having a productive offense probably helps. Certainly winning the Egg Bowl helps even more.

Probably a too small sample size, but I find Ole Miss sports fans a bit unique in that they seem to like college baseball almost as much as football and certainly more than basketball. Maybe it has to do with recent success, I dont know.