Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2021. Gator Commitment CB Jason Marshall 6-2 180. *****

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MadduxFanII, Aug 9, 2020.

1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Hence, my confusion. Thanks for straightening me out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This is absolutely what I was thinking - and why I think a lot of people are so surprised (in my case, very pleasantly surprised). Maybe we have finally gotten over the hump with snagging some of the top top kids. We will lose many battles like all schools do, but if we win our share and sprinkle a few phenoms into an otherwise very solid and well-coached roster, that is the recipe for a playoff run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    As bad as their team has been and the class they are pulling in, they should take some of the advice that’s given around here and be happy who they do have and don’t worry about the thousand other players that they aren’t getting. I’m sure it stings but they just got Taylor, at least till signing day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Now, where’s my marque linemen?

6. g0ggles

g0ggles Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    I agree.... RB is my only head scratcher honestly. Probably need one more monster recruiter on the offensive side. But I'm picking nits right now, I'm extremely happy with where the program is at

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. pcgator

pcgator Freshman

Jan 1, 2017
    Thanks for the link....this starts on p.31 and I only made it to p.49, but basically....they were either trolled, coaches can't recruit or the good ole Bagman came. One says that he KNOWS 3 recruits that took UF money and then committed elsewhere, so basically every fan base comes up with the same exact excuses when they don't get a player they wanted or was silently committed (which they were claiming). I will give them a little credit...they did have a few very rational posters, but only a few.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Lingard just came on board so I’m not too worried about it just yet. I’m more concerned with oline but we haven’t seen Hev’s guys with a couple years under their belt yet. They aren’t a bunch of stars guys but hopefully they’ll get the job done. An offense is only as good as their blocking and if they are good, somebody will be willing to run behind them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Senior

Jan 26, 2016
    We’re all happy here but you two may have just taken this to another level

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And dang, I just realized, isn’t this our first 5* from dade ever?

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Um, OK....

• Like Like x 1
  13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Just a great get for the Gators!

We're on the right track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    So UF "paid JM and their HC". So what happened then to LT?

15. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Go Gators!!!
    Keep it rolling!!

16. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Go Gators!!

17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Big time pickup!

• Like Like x 1
  18. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Jason is a very good Commitment for the Gators!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. beemerthegator

beemerthegator All American

Dec 1, 2019
    I wish some of our fans who follow recruiting were a little more patient in expectations. Some coaches come in and set the world on fire right away in recruiting the elite prospects, such as Meyer when he came to UF and Saban fairly quickly at Bama. But there are also coaches who have a little slower progression in reeling in the very elite -- Swinney at Clemson and Bowden at FSU (hurts to mention that) are examples.

Mullen has us going in the right direction, and in a big way. We need another good season on the field, with promise that we are on the path to Championships. If there is a season, topping Georgia and winning the East would be monumental for recruiting.

I think we will see Mullen continue to progress the program on the field, and with recruiting. Even if it happens a little more slowly than some hoped. But I like to bring some realism to it, and that includes that it isn't so easy to knock Clemson and Bama off their perches and you've got a handful of other programs that were firing on all cylinders already (i.e. Ohio State, Georgia, LSU) when Mullen took over and had to first start delivering a product on the field while he built relationships with elite prospects early in the high school careers.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Agree. Someone following Meyer and two National Championships will have an easier time recruiting than someone 10 years later following a Muschamp or Mac.

Playing field will be leveled when we have stand alone football facilities and now that we have 3 years of coaches back in the State of Florida. Now you can begin developing relationships with families and players in 10th grade, our coaches have relationships with HS coaches, our networks are stronger.

• Agree Agree x 1