Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2020 where have these posters gone thread

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Feb 4, 2020.

1. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I always assumed Wormwood was the new user name for G8rMaj, if people even remember that far back. Same posting style, same hobby horses, same stat presentation style.

Definitely a smart guy, and there's always value to the occasional contrarian. But I never quite figured out his deal - whether he was an outright troll with a more sophisticated style, a genuine fan who thought that he was contributing value by taking the contrarian and unpopular positions or someone who was totally sincere with his analysis. Regardless, if you're someone who believes there's more to criticize than to praise in the career of Steve Spurrier, and more to praise than to criticize in the career of Ron Zook, either you're screwing with me or you and I just have vastly different analytical frameworks.

• Like Like x 4
  2. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Great observation and somehow I forgot about Maj. The only difference in their styles if I remember was the spreadsheet style analytics worm posted ad nauseam. Agree with everything you wrote

3. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    He was the poster who did live practice reports from his desktop in NC

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Omg. I couldn't stand jhbyrd. I believe hes the only person i have on ignore! I always miss the good ol days of

@mattinohio ...he was such a brilliant, bright poster who brought alot of great insight from his world to ours.

@WB310 and is absolute hatred toward JoN HoKe!@@%$

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thats what we have @tilly for these days!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fleming Island
    Hi Rick. I kinda burnt out on Too Hot. I lurk on the free boards since there is a lot of good discussion and info.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey, Brain, my good Gator friend. Swamp Gas was better than ever last football season, pop in and check it out if you get bored with the other forums. I slowed my roll on Too Hot too. Too much animosity about the minutia of that subject matter... will not say that subject here.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Sometimes in TH...
    There are several posters there who I could swear who eat their young.

Post one opinion, and a few will agree with you...but..there's bound to be at least 1,/3 of them who will pounce on you with a white-hot vengeance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Like a gang of thugs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Maybe have a singular forum labeled “The Brig” where probationary, banned, and the like can remain on GC, but unable to cause problems on the regular boards?

11. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Ha! jhbyrd was nearly my third on the ignore list.

12. arminius

arminius Freshman

Mar 14, 2019
    Germania
    Every once in a while, there should be a prison break where they are allowed to sneak out and cause trouble. I love me some good old-fashioned message board drama.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Nah...
    It really wouldn't work...You see, there are "ever vigilant psycho Mods that lurk around....and, if anyone decides to "break out" we have tools for that :eek:............

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I had my differences with G8rMaj and my recollection is he was a “blue skier” or assigned a different cause/effect rational to various aspects or states of the program. That said, he met up with us in Atlanta early 2000s and we watched a game at Raccoon Lodge. I’m pretty sure he was not also wormwood but who knows.

15. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I can understand someone deciding there are more important things to spend time caring about.

16. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Come to think of it so did GatorMaj and perhaps that’s what used to bother me. Maybe he has two personas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. arminius

arminius Freshman

Mar 14, 2019
    Germania
    I'm sure no moderator or administrator has ever encouraged such behavior.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. WhattaGator

Of course no Moderator nor Administrator would encourage such behavior.......BUT.....

We most certainly would enforce the rules against such behavior..

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Both Jaggator and Darthgator1 are deceased. Dreamliner and his former wife divorced, he left Orlando and he moved to Charlotte, NC. I've not been in touch with him for years but pretty sure he remarried. Pretty sure Leahy has passed, too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2