Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2020 SEC QB’s

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorLuke, Dec 1, 2019.

1. GatorLuke

GatorLuke Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    It’s been a very long time, but looking at our quarterback roster compared to the rest of the SEC for 2020, we have to be right up there at the top. If Tua and Fromm go Pro, that would definitely put us at the top in the SEC. Somehow someway the offensive line has to get it figured out. Nonetheless, could be an exciting year with 2 Sr. quarterbacks & a 3rd yr QB who can all move the offense. Oline and Dline (mainly Oline but need Dline depth) will be either our breakthrough to the SEC East and SEC championship/playoffs or continue to be the Achilles’ heel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Other than Buchanan, the entire OL is back and now has starting experience. Pass protection has been good. Run blocking is of course what has sucked. Can they get bigger and stronger under Savage? Can any of the redshirt freshman or true freshman step up next year? Any grad transfers that can start immediately?

• Like Like x 2
  3. concreteguy_21

concreteguy_21 VIP Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Upstate SC
    You think Tua goes pro? I don't.

I agree with your other sentiments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. melrose12

melrose12 Senior

Jun 25, 2019
    Dont see Fromm going. Think Trask has a better chance than Fromm. Geo would be so good with Fields. Yes he looked good yesterday but against GT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    We need a bigger nastier piece of meat at C. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

I agree with you, but lets not forget that SOS had Wiley Rich at center on the 96 natty team. He weighed in at 267

7. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I may be wrong but I don’t get the warm and fuzzies from knowing most of the o line returns. Run blocking is an attitude that we lack. Don’t know if that’s Hevesy’s fault or just that their incapable of it. I liked gouriage and white , thought they showed promise actually moving people. I hope some of the younger guys that are there already and or coming in have it in their dna. I’ll take some mishaps here and there to have a better run game overall. I think it will serve dans tendencies well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    To be fair Jeff Mitchell was the center and there were concerns about Wiley in that game replacing an injured Mitchell. Not to mention we are also speaking about almost a quarter of a century ago. Players have gotten bigger. The Cowboys o-line in the 90's was touted as the heaviest line ever and now they would be the lightest. TImes change.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 All American

Sep 2, 2018
    Will be interesting for sure. I thought Emory had some amazing throws last night. I love Trask, think it helped to have such amazing wrs (who doesn’t benefit ya know) I’m curious to see with al the departures of wrs, if Mullen sticks with him due to lack of experience and depth at wr next year

10. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    I don’t know why the OL performance this year was so shocking to some. It was pointed out by nearly everyone before the season that this was weakest unit on the team. If anything, I was surprised how well they did in pass protection... since that usually takes longer to develop.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. ColoGator

ColoGator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    I do think Tua goes pro. He will be a top 10 pick. Especially considering his injury this year...I doubt he risks coming back.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    If I were an NFL manager, I would be very concerned about Tua's injuries. I don't think I would chance it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 All American

Oct 6, 2019
    Not sure he’ll be a top 10 pick with his hip injury, first round though, yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    And if I was recruiting against Bama, I would focus how they don’t give a rats arse about players health. Tua has been ruined, in my opinion, by doing these surgeries and rushing him back to play in games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. spincycle81

spincycle81 All American

Oct 10, 2015
    You can tell that Tua's been coached by Bammers to pound the company line about how wonderfully he's been treated by everyone.

16. SuperMOM

SuperMOM Junior

Jan 31, 2016
    Fromm had a bad year with these WR he has. He will not have Swift next year, meaning his leading receiver is gone.

He's gone

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GatorLuke

GatorLuke Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Well didn’t see that coming with Franks. We are a little skinnier in the QB room. Still in the top 3 pending what Fromm and Tua do.

18. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

I agree 100%, but Wiley held his own in that game. Of course Jeff got em there. I'm just making a point that a player with great heart can do great things and some talented players just try to get by on talent alone. That's why some coaches go after a player that is a bit undersized and work on him in the wt room because he plays with tenacity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ocala
    good point. I would take a player with work ethic and a little talent than talent and little work ethic. Ritch did a great job for us and is a great Gator

20. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Fromm stinks. He’s a mid round pick AT best. If Lock was a mid round pick with his stats, Fromm would go 5th-6th round. He’s not going anywhere

• Agree Agree x 1