Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

2020. Gator Commitment. WR Leonard Manuel.Vanguard HS. Ocala FL.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GatorLuke, Jan 14, 2019.

1. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Higdon on twitter saying report is 100% false (and proven false) and how can someone say something about a kid and then not apologize... Then blame it on a friend. FYI.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    We had Spurrier there coaching in the game. I’m sure he can relay accurate info to Dan and UF staff

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. raygravesghost

raygravesghost All American

Aug 13, 2019
    I would guess that's maybe why I couldn't find him in the 1st half???

He was VERY noticeable right from the 1st play of the 2nd half...and that report is right
    It was obvious that almost every pass play in the 2nd half started with him as the primary receiver

QBs struggled actually getting him the ball...they ended up losing when the QB missed him on a inside go route
    If he had thrown him the ball inside instead of back shoulder it would have gone 80 yds to the house...it ended up a pick

He's tall, thick, and shifty too...made people miss in small space...blocked actively in the run game...aggressive style to his game

That said...the best WR in the game was the kid headed to TAMU (Demas)...best RB the kid headed to Texas (Robinson)....

Taofili the FSU RB is good but lean...looked like a WR playing RB but if he bulks up from 190 he will be difficult to handle down the road
    If I made a bet...he will transition to WR

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Thanks for the clarification.

5. raygravesghost

Aug 13, 2019
    Kiffin digging into S Florida for Parrish & possibly Manuel...

Ole Miss football recruiting: Rebels hosting three official visitors this weekend

The dead period is over and Lane Kiffin wasted little time capitalizing on it, receiving a commitment from four-star running back Henry Parrish. And it appears that Kiffin and staff may not be done at the running back position as they are still in the Zachary Evans Sweepstakes as of this writing, going head-to-head with Georgia for the five-star’s signature.

[​IMG]
    4-star Leonard Manuel
    Overall rank: N/A
    Wide receiver rank: 48
    Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla

The Polynesian Bowl All-American has been committed to the Gators and Dan Mullen for over a year, but once Kevin Smith was hired at Ole Miss, he immediately became interested in the Rebels. Manuel is a big-bodied receiver, standing 6’5 and 200-pounds and would be an immediate impact dude in the receiver room.

As a senior at Stranahan High School, he collected 645 receiving yards and nine touchdowns for the Dragons. His frame gives him lots of options once he gets out of his break. He is strong at the line of scrimmage but also plucks the ball out of the air with ease when going up against smaller defensive backs.

This is something the Rebels have been missing since the days of D.K. Metcalf, Laquon Treadwell, A.J. Brown, and Damore’ea Stringfellow have come and gone. Something else to keep in mind? He was supposed to officially visit Florida this weekend and now he will be in Oxford.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Ha, ha...Ole Miss back to its usual bag 'o' tricks, I see. How do you fire a Freeze and hire a Kiffin? Their basically the same person: crooked to the bone. They might as well have just kept Freeze and told the NCAA to F off.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Kiffin doesn't stay in one place long enough to get caught.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. awells05

awells05 Junior

Apr 23, 2009
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Just means the kid cant get into school

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    When he got off the plane one of the fans that greeted him said “make sure to use a burner phone.”

I’m not joking. I don’t think he was either.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    It started looking like that was the case when he put out a top 4, and wasn’t announcing until April. I wish the kid the best and hope he is able to get everything together (minus our game with them next year). Sounds like Shorter will take his spot now. Hopefully we can keep Britt in the fold even if we land Williams.

• Like Like x 1
  11. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola

Word is Shorter and Willams are solid. We only have to keep our fingers crossed for Britt. Would love to add Britt and Gibbs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I have to think if he has to wait until April and maybe get into UF but Old Miss will take him regardless (even if only for the press), unless he is emotionally prepared to go the prep/juco route I have to think Plan B sounds REALLY good right now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

CBs dropping for Manuel to Ole Miss

14. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    He said it's down to UF and Ole Miss
    Will not sign on Feb. 4th
    Will visit UF this weekend.
    Will decide and sign in May.

• Informative Informative x 4
  15. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    A May signing date could actually help Manuel and UF with the numbers. If he signed on the traditional February signing day, we'd be running up hard against the 85-man scholarship limit, and it might be tough for us to fit him in. Come May, however, we're likely to see some (hopefully not much) attrition - a handful guys who got passed by during spring practice might decide to transfer out, we might (though one obviously never wants to see this happen) see an unfortunate injury result in a medical redshirt, etc. In May, we'll have a better sense of his academics and we might actually have room for him to sign.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Its obviously UF where he'll go if he gets the grades. Nothing really to see here imo

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. raygravesghost

Aug 13, 2019
    He's worth the wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Now a 3 star and dropped lower in final rankings with some services. Largest drop off I can remember.

19. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    All because of the risk of qualifying. Dan is planning the class without him. If he happens to qualify then great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    No way this kid is actually a 3 star talent. If I recall, he was a 5 star for a while on 247.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1