Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2020. ATH Jaheim Bell withdraws Commitment.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Wanne15, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have a hard time getting annoyed at a guy like Bell when we celebrate landing Leonard (UK decommitment). And I doubt anybody here is going to throw the book at Bowman if he changes his mind and pledges to the Gators.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    These early announced intentions might as well have been decided by a coin flip.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't mind Bell and other pledges reopening things but it only sucks because like Gervon tweeted yesterday on the heels of Morven decommiting, don't make a college choice until you're ready. Easier said than done, but the point still stands.

Bell and Joel Williams had only been pledges for a few months and for Joel Williams, felt like only a few weeks.

4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That’s where upbringing and parental advice should kick in. I don’t fault every player because we don’t really know the why. Other recruits could join class and make it hard for them to see the field. Personality issues with other players or coaches from either end. There are many reasons I would agree with a kid chamfering their mind. But on the other hand, Dexter is tight that these kids need to think long and hard before they commit and understand the meaning of the word a bit better. You can go through life constantly chasing whims, it’ll bit you in the ass. Your word is really all you’ll ever have that can’t be taken from you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Most kids, including Bell, post it on Twitter without telling coaches.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Yes, but, respect is earned, not requested or demanded. In the context that the "Respect my decision" command is being used so frequently now, it seems to mean, "This is what I'm doing and I don't really care what people who don't know me think, so don't talk to me about it." Frankly, I'd rather they said that.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I dont take it that way but it's whatever

8. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    I guess what it means or implies is all in the interpretation, but, my core point is that respect is garnered by an individual's actions, not by his requests. I'm not addressing any particular individual, just speaking in general.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    Not in this case, when the media and fan base (in general) are looking for clickbait, and tend to generally frown upon the Decommitment.

What’s he saying is: get off my ass and don’t be unreasonable about it - it happens.

10. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't think that your interpretation and mine are really all that different. But, my principal point remains that telling someone to respect you rings hollow; you earn respect with your actions. I know these kids are just parroting what their peers are saying, so I would never direct opinions at any one of them personally. But, in the end, each person decides for themselves who or what is due their respect based on their own observations.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  11. zman-1

zman-1 Junior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    So there is a chance?!!!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Hey you decommiters... instead of telling us when you de-commit to “respect your decision”... why don’t you “respect your decision” when you commit!

Fair is fair.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Dan Mullen does not pressure recruits. He specifically advises them to take their time and commit to the Gators if/when it feels like the best program for them. Other coaches pressure kids more. Like Dan’s approach, as important decision for these 17 year olds

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    hush!!!! you're ruining a future thread i've been sitting on that i'm going to make. Basically echoing what you're saying. If you haven't noticed, the last few commits are ALL shutting their recruitment down which I think the staff has low key "Clemson'd" them to do.

Notice that the few who have recently decommitted; Bell, Williams, Morven, and even an earlier decommit Keyvone Lee, all wanted to enjoy the process and make sure they make the right decision but you're NOT going to do it as a Gator commit. Keyvone has went to FSU, PSU, and LSU and didn't pull the trigger and now he'll be back on campus this weekend. Before I make that thread though, i want to see if my theory holds up and if any of our pledges take visits to other schools.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Any intel on him? Haven't heard anything about us and him since his decomittment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. melrose12

melrose12 Senior

Jun 25, 2019
    We should clean up on WR this class. We might have 4-5 drafted this year and a lot of playing time next year. We might have 4 WR's that could play first year. If Grimes leaves also, maybe toney we might need 5-6 WRs. Big year Grimes is gone,

18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nothing I've heard Bobby.

• Like Like x 1
  19. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I hope we sign at least 4. And all 4 get in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I know many are down on Mullen for his recruiting approaches, but I think we have the coach we want now and for the future.
    Copeland, Wells, and the frosh are going to be a fine group to build upon. Just look at 3* Chester K who is outperforming the 4*'s so far at Corner. I strongly believe that star watchers are missing the the best of Mullen. He is building it, and they will come.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1