Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2020. ATH HB Jaheim Bell. 6-2 215. Valdosta HS. Valdosta GA.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Apr 13, 2019.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    lol why's that?

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

All the recent news is so disappointing- you can’t get too excited about new commitments because they mean nothing, and de-commitments seem to dominate the news right now. Not much upside for a lot of downside.

Then again, here I am......sigh

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    Let him flip, there going 6-7 this year and we "should" beat them handily. I'm sorry I like Muschamp as a person and wish it would have worked out here for him, but he is not a head coach and if you want to play with them then your foolish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    here's an update of sorts

Bell keeping Gamecocks under consideration following visit

WR Jaheim Bell (6-3 204) of Valdosta, GA made his first official visit of the recruiting process over the weekend to USC. Bell has been a Florida commitment since April but is willing to explore other options at this point. Will Muschamp was recruiting him hard before his commitment and plans to continue his efforts to fllp him.

“He was telling me that he wasn’t mad that I committed to Florida,” Bell said. “He said it was something he understood as a coach. He said he’s still going to recruit me hard.”

Bell also visited USC in February but on this trip he got a chance to be exposed to players in the program, and that went well for him.

“The players really stood out,” Bell said. “I feel like I fit in with them. They are really cool. They took me in like I’m on the team.”

Bell also had a meeting with the offensive coaches talking with offensive coordinator Bryan McClendon and tight ends coach Bobby Bentley about how he would be used in their schemes.

“They showed me different things about how they would use me in the offense at receiver,” he said. “I like it. It’s similar to what I do at my high school. It would be an easy transition.”

Bell said he is still committed to Florida but the visit with the Gamecocks gave him something else to think about regarding the Gamecocks.

“It’s a school that I’m considering still,” Bell said. “It gave me a better perspective on them.”

He does not have any other visits scheduled at this point. He does not have a timetable on a decision and he is not graduating early.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Obviously the coaches themselves are responsible for this current trend being that they continue to recruit committed kids. I cant imagine enjoying recruiting in any way as a coach. Sounds miserable

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yeah, recruiting would drive me crazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    247 CB shows him at 50/50 as a top 400 player. While CDM has a reputation of finding under-valued players, so did Randy Shannon and he had plenty of misses. I wouldn't it if he flips with his 4.66 speed. Even though he presumably has a great vertical, his speed and size will not create mismatches anywhere on the field. Show me DL with that time and we can talk mismatches.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    1. have you watched his film?

2. so you're assuming he'll never improve his measureables once on campus?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    At that speed he will get mismatches against LB and S, and he is as fast as many of the top WR in this class. The only direction Bell is going in the ratings is up, and we cannot afford to lose him. He is a real talent. Watch his film.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

11. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Bell has been a man among boys at the camps he has attended this year. Been a standout at each one. Cant always go by 40 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We do not want to lose this guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Right and while I won't put much stock into camps, he showed that he has the goods in being able to line up at WR ala Jordan Reed. He may be a true 4.66 guy but i remember Trey Burton not being the tallest or fastest and he measured in at 6'2 224 and ran a 4.62 at the combine and he had a solid college career

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    He impressed and is going to the Opening Final. His offer sheet is the Who's Who of college football.

I like his hands and body control better than Trey Burton. Then again Bell will probably not be throwing a touchdown in a Super Bowl. I doubt Trey was much faster than Bell, but Burton was the fastest tight end in the draft combine, despite being the smallest also. Bell looks stacked and is very hard for high school players to take down without a gang tackle. He absolutely flattens smaller DB. He looks ideal as a hybrid to move around in the offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    OK, good to hear.

Maybe, his 40 time is bad, but a skill position time of 4.7 is not going to create any mismatches, IMO. Reminds me of Dawayne Dixon with his 4.7 time. Great possession receiver, but created no mismatches.

16. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Jun 10, 2011
    He’s an H-back. He’ll be in the slot against safeties or on the line or in the backfield isolated against linebackers. That’s why he’s a matchup nightmare