Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019. Gator Commitment #11. OLB Jesiah Pierre 6-2 220. Mt. Dora, Florida.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    T
    Thats my point, it gets you fired here. Seven or eight wins is garbage and nine is a down year. We have a ways to go but that’s where the bar is.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Was totally a jest and not a slight to G8tas. I was just making a play of words on the theme of football posters tending to like the glitz (rankings) over the substance (athleticism/skills/teachable) in recruits. I don't imply G8tas thinks that way.

3. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Auburn's defense has been better since he left. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    He was there one year smh. If people are going to try to say Muschamp isn't a good defensive mind then you should just stop watching football. I don't want him in Florida just for his ability as a DC but also for his recruiting which was my main point. A lot of Mcelwanians on this board "Ooooooo we got another steal that no one in the country knows about!" Look at Florida's history and tell me if our greatest success was with top players or all these "hidden gems" that you folks think we keep landing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Oh, ok. Well my original comment was complimenting Will and if I remember correctly you mentioned him and 7 wins at SC and I was merely pointing out ( had to check) SC went 9-4 last year. That's a pretty good junp from 7 wins. I also mentioned that if he kept this up they would give him a lifetime contract.

6. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    My point is that great defensive minds are a dime a dozen in college football. I agree that Muschamp brought in a bunch of great recruits, but along with a whole lot more absolute garbage that we have had to process over the past four years. Somehow Muschamp is praised and gets a pass at Auburn for one year of mediocre defense while Grantham turns around a defense in MSU, a much less talented side, in his first year, and we should be pining for the days of Muschamp. Everyone who has watched Gator football can see what Muschamp brings to the table and we do not need that right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I knew that. I was messing around too. No worries bro.

8. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Rian Davis (Wekiva) is #1. Pierre is 2. Tyler Davis #3. (Wekiva)

9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Correct, just not enough for here

10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude, he has offers from Ole miss, Louisville, Oregon and UF. He's visited auburn and Bama as well. Let's not completely kill the kid. He's already 6'2" 240 and coach Robinson likes him. Have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I get where your're coming from, but he got in late on recruits last year and landed the 14th ranked recruiting class. Unless we show absolutely no improvement, which I doubt occurs, he'll get us a class no worse than his first one and probably Top 10. Baby steps, grasshopper, baby steps...

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m not concerned with his early recruiting. All the recruiting in the world means nothing if you can’t coach. We put guys in the nfl every year but not much to show on the field lately. There are good coaches that have trouble getting highly ranked classes and still put a good product on the field. I agree it takes both but no coach recruits consistent top ten classes without first showing the ability to beat better teams with less (stars). There are very talented 3* guys out there every year. The reslity is there are several that deserve to be 4 or5* stars but are overlooked for a variety of reasons. It takes a staff many more hours of work to identify these kids. It’s much easier to just pick from the top 250 because all the work has already been done for the staff. A kid that is ranked 500 but is a top 100 in reality takes a lot more work to locate. Lots of empty trip to bfe to see kids that are a waste of time. Our staff will have to work harder than the top staffs to field a talented team. I’m agree we work on the top guys but we also need our bottom of our class to vastly outperform their ranking. Evaluation and coaching is just as important as the obvious kids.

13. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I believe what he accomplished at Miss. State speaks volumes about his coaching. Averaged 8 wins a season while playing Bama, Auburn, LSU every year.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Pretty sure he improved that Auburn defense. I remember them being horrible the year before he got there. Grantham isn't a bad DC. We will give up some big plays this year though. That is just his M.O. Can Grantham recruit like Muschamp? So far I would say no. That's what we need right now. Recruits. Good ones. No Mcelwanian's. That era has to be over or we will die a slow death.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    We've been on a death spiral for the last 8 years, and it hasn't been one of Otis Boggs' high end over end spirals. If Mullen can't revive the program, I won't know what to think about the future of Gators football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    Who are you talking about? Abrams or Pierre? Abrams is a reach and there's no sugar coating it. FAU, Troy, Jackson State (that's right, Jackson State).

17. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    If he gets a 14 or better it'll be a miracle. As I already pointed out, we have nearly half the class committed, only 4 4-stars, w/ only 11-13 more commits to take. 4 and 5 star kids are falling off the board (committing to other schools), which leaves less to commit to us. I'd love to hear who you think we get that puts us in the top 15, much less "probably top 10". Also, take a look at the teams in the top 15 and tell me which ones we pass. I'm a realist. And it ain't happening. Like I said, we likely get another 6-8 (to give us 11 or so 4-stars). That won't put us in the top 15. Even if we get Sanders, who's trending Bama, it won't put us in the top 15. Too many low 4-stars committed right now - like Abrams, who is ranked close to 900th overall. Again, I follow this pretty closely, and realistically if he can get into the top 20 it will be a good class (after the slow start).

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I like our Dline and dbs from last year.

19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Long way to go and 14 works. We can improve with that kind of class. Then we can be top 10

20. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    I'm not arguing about this....it's just simple math. It's not happening. Again, take a look at the top 30 (we're at 29) and tell me which 19 teams we pass.....or 15 (to get to 14th). Then tell me which prospects we get to put us there. The rankings are done by a mathematical formula. Even if we get Sanders (who, again, is trending Bama) and 7 more 4-stars the math won't add up. Maybe if all 19 teams in front of us don't get one more commit......

• Funny Funny x 1