Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019. FINAL #7 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 17 @ #2 Georgia Bulldogs 23.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by WhattaGator, Jul 31, 2019.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For all the talk about TEs Mullen doesn't use them much. I know, it's up to the QB. We will however waste a few important downs on designed QB runs between guard and tackle after which the camera will pan to CDM as he examines his play chart on the sideline where if not for holding the play chart with two hands he would be scratching his head. Seriously, save this post and prop me in October.

Me too. All of us.

Seems that way but maybe we don't pressure? Rush three or four? Base Grantham D seems like what killed us last season. And on any passing down might as well just block a TEs out of the play.

Maybe. Remains to be seen. But so far, so good.
    The one thing I'll say about LSU is even Vandy scored 38 points on their defense. That's pretty damn sloppy. Our defense should, in fairness, slow LSU's offense considerably. So yeah, we have a chance.

The one caveat to those games is how healthy we are. We are not deep(don't get me started on this staff's recruiting). We have to be healthy on both lines of scrimmage and DBs. Remember last season vs georgia a couple DBs made all the differenc(so we say). It would be the same this season.
    Do we know what that money is used for? I don't understand what would be included in a recruiting budget. Surely we already pay our staff all they need to visit recruits as much as necessary and allowed?

2. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    I don’t know exactly what the $ is spent on - more research and staff I would assume - the announcers were discussing it during the Ga vs ND game. Bama and Georgia lead the pack and it doesn’t appear to be poorly spent.

3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Have to beat Auburn before getting to them. Auburn is going to be very challenging. I’m trying to remember the last time we beat Auburn ...

4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Was it, like, 2002 ... under Zook?

5. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Our defensive linemen need to do the Hands Up dance kids used to do in elementary school.

• Like Like x 1
  6. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Proofreading is your friend. Maybe you're texting...

If you review my post you would notice that was exactly what I was saying. "I like our chances" (the subtext of that would be); I'm not disheartened after watching the ND/Ga match-up, I'm also not claiming a victory as a forgone conclusion! We have a long way to go, and without a running game I can't imagine beating Auburn, Georgia, LSU or Mizzou, But...after watching that Georgia game, they didn't appear to be the juggernauts the announcers and the sports media say they are. ND was pushing and almost took them out. And I'll give them credit because I thought ND was over-ranked. Additionally, that was a hostile environment they created.

The media isn't giving us any credit. (Not yet anyway. And, maybe deservedly so ) The power rankings have two (2) 'one loss' teams ahead of us. If we don't beat Auburn we'll plummet 8-10 spots! If we do, suddenly we're for real.

With our new passing game and ability to toss it around the park, we should be able to compete with anyone. As mentioned, I like our chances... but it'll require we clean up some weaknesses like the running game and a few defensive issues. Maybe our desire to win and the Gator spirit will allow us to rise to the occasion? I guess we'll soon see.

Go Gators.

7. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    We are nowhere close to UGA (or BAMA, LSU, and Clemson) in recruiting, staff, consultants, coaches, and facilities budgets. I posted links regarding this in another thread today (see below). Right now UGA is at the top of the NCAA when it comes to recruiting/signing 4 and 5 star kids, and they have made it an art form. We aren't catching up anytime soon, no matter who our HC is. Smart, Saban, Dabo, and Orgeron have open checkbooks, among other things.

Inside Georgia's $200 million quest to take down Alabama | Page 2 | Swamp Gas Forums

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I followed the game on the web without watching it. GA had two OL get hurt and miss all or most of the game. They also had two starting CBs hurt near the start of the game. The OL injuries seems like it affected play calling since I swore I was watching a Muschamp game. Fromm almost seems to be regressing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yep, we are not even playing catch-up yet. Matching some of these efforts is only first step toward competing for Top-5 classes.

10. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Can you imagine being a top recruit at that game and seeing the crowd?
    No wonder DM is constantly asking fans to show up and make the Swamp the home field advantage it once was.

I would love to believe that both ND and Ga are over-rated, but they looked like elite teams to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. devincdoss

devincdoss Freshman

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    UGA is a totally different team when Swift can't get involved

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I just watched the game highlights and noticed a few more things...

When Jones was in, that play action, or run-option or whatever it's called, really worked pretty well. It did open up the running game. And the miss-direction part of that helped us get our backs in the weaker defensive slots. While continuity says use one QB, seeing we need a running game, maybe we need to run two. Jones is improving. Our backs are tough, they just need a little help.

Having Auburn at home helps. But their two QB's are good, and very different, and we'll need all the help we can get on that one. A&M was good against them, but how good?

More development is needed. Better run game, defense and a decent helping of luck too. But our pass protection was awesome (way improved) against Tenn.

The mighty Gators have some mighty big games coming up...

Go Gators.

13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I very much look forward to UF having one of these BIG Sat night prime time home games, again. Bama in 2021 is probably the next possible opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    FINAL SCORE.

#7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish. 17.

#2. Georgia Bulldogs. 23.

Bulldogs were favored by 14.

93,246 Record Attendance in Sanford Stadium.

15. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

16. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    I sure hope those players from Notre Dame don't have any long term injuries. They really flopped to the ground pretty hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    quickly becoming some of my favorite people

• Agree Agree x 1