Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019. Commitment #7. QB Jalon Jones 6-3 185. St. Francis Academy, Baltimore MD.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Nicho, Apr 7, 2018.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

That's a big boy. Love it. Love it. Love it. Now, go recruit yourself some help, son.

2. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    I am right there with ya.

Mullen is not going to stop pushing.

The SWAMP will be frightful again:cool:
    (And not for us):mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014
    OK, OL,OL;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I think this young man may prove to be good. He's really grown a lot fast if he's now 6'4" & 205 lbs, he was 6'11/2" and 180 in what I saw measurement wise.

He has a nice delivery, good accuracy, good range, agility and decent speed in the 8 min film clip I saw. Of course, he is playing a relatively low level of competition, but he appears pretty good.

If he's a leader and can draw others to him, like Corral did, that would be wunnerful.

5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He played quite a bit of DB and some RB early in high school. He's still learning the position.

He'll help pull in some studs that's for sure. Along with Sanders and Mycah Pittman we will have a big time class.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    He's not recruiting "afraid", that's what I'm loving about him and this staff.

Mac didn't seem to host top talent hardly at all.

Dan and staff are everywhere collecting stars like we collected soda bottle caps in the 90's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 11708cht

11708cht VIP Member

Jun 18, 2017

8. 11708cht

11708cht VIP Member

Jun 18, 2017
    And it appears to me his o line ain’t very good

9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Eager to see what he does in camps and throughout his senior season. I know it's early but I can't help wondering why he's not a top 10 DT QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes Strange, after rewatching his film I was really surprised at how much better he looked to me the 2nd time. He appears like a more powerful and accurate thrower than Emory Jones and a quicker, more elusive and more powerful runner. Admittedly, he's playing against relatively small school competition (like Keyvonne Lee), but somehow, I don't think that detracts much from what you can perceive.

Is it just that he hasn't attended many camps?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Mullen has now bested Meyer for both Joneses. I love it. Meyer can recruit, but Dan's got his number.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga

I don't want to downplay with win, Mullen got his guy and that's a good thing...BUT it's not clear whether JJ had a commitable offer from Urbs. I haven't seen it reported either way, which generally means it wasn't commitable.

13. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Then playing for us should be a smooth transition.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Does anybody know if he is known by the safety Nick Cross who is visiting us from Maryland? They have similar visits lists.

15. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Orange and blue lenses are much much more clear....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Are you suggesting mdf that before he committed I looked at him differently than after he committed?

That's certainly possible, but if you've observed observational phenomena a lot, you quickly see that the 2nd time you view something, you see a lot more than you did the first time, and the same is true the 3rd time, although after that, the gains drop quite a bit.

From an experience perspective, it's like when you travel, hike, canoe, boat, etc. to a new place, on the way up, things take forever because you are integrating the environmental factors into your experiential network. When you come back, it always takes a lot less perceived time, even if you are returning upstream or uphill, because you can now focus on specific phenomena along the path rather than attempting to integrate everything.

I have always been more Spok-like than most humans (my nickname in HS), but, unbiased observation is an utter fallacy, so, I'm sure there was at least a little O&B shading in that 2nd viewing. One thing I've never seen in my viewing is when a kid decommits and chooses elsewhere do I get the Sour Grapes perspective. I continue to see what I saw initially. Evidence of less bias than most.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I agree, I was just making a funny...I like this kid a lot and fully expect him to be a solid 4 Star and a good fit for what dan wants to do..

18. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    Agree. Watched some of his film. Weird throwing motion, but it’s compact and accurate, even when rolling out. No need for a windup - plenty of arm strength. Showed nice touch on his passes. Very decisive runner. Plants his foot and takes of. Pretty good speed too.

Looks very promising.

19. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    At 6'4" 205 already, he very well may show up on campus ready physically to play as a Freshman. could grow into a Beast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NOLAGATOR

Jun 2, 2014
    In a few seasons We'll have a stable of DT QBs and maybe some SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED;)

• Agree Agree x 1