Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019 Baseball Schedule

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, Oct 3, 2018.

1. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    @gatorfan5220,

It is nothing like that at all. I am a reservoir engineer in the oilfield. I am a computer nerd. I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!!

9/80's are pretty standard in Houston for oil office workers. At least on the operator side. Service side it is less common. I am a consultant (I.e. Overpaid mouth) so it is a little unusual but not shockingly so.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gators4life

gators4life Premium Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Gainesville,FL
    They have split them up before. You are right about it being tough back to back and I agree.

3. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    Since I started following in 2002, I can't recall one.

4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Assuming he's not counting Miami, I think it's 2007, @ Texas A&M. It's a little deceptive because we now see them as a conference foe. I don't think Sully has traveled OOC/out-of-state regular season. Before that, I think it goes back to a Cardozo team that traveled out to Hawaii (2000).

Given that the best baseball is played in the south, there's not really a need to leave other than your conference games, your every-other-year with Miami, and all the in-state schools that don't claim a national championship.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    The only out of state, out of conference games I want more of are in OMAHA!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    FYI, Sully mentioned at the dinner Monday night that in the future they will schedule an away weekend series prior to the start of SEC. Scheduling is done 3 years out, so this will happen in a few years. His concern is that the new guys experience all that goes with traveling before it's an SEC weekend. I believe Miami would count, so on the years when Miami is here he doesn't want their first trip to be an SEC series. He said this would probably be to another FL school "so our fans can still get there".

• Like Like x 2
  7. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Last I checked, MLB doesn't send out invites for Omaha or hand out trophies at the end of the season. You follow more closely than I, but I'd be curious to see if there's been any regional shift in the draft and comparing young talent vs. old talent. And I agree about Texas and LSU!

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  8. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Legend

Apr 24, 2008
    Trip to LSU just got more interesting:

BATON ROUGE, La. – All LSU baseball fans over the age of 21 will have access to two new areas at Alex Box Stadium featuring beer and wine sales. Named “The Yard,” the new tented areas will be located at the left and right outfield corners. The Yard at Alex Box Stadium will operate in much the same way as The Chute at Tiger Stadium. Fans ages 21 and over can purchase a wristband at either location or near the grandstand entrance gates. The wristband is $20 and includes two beverages. Additional beverages can be purchased inside the premium area starting at $6. Fans who purchase a wristband will have access to both locations of The Yard. Due to Southeastern Conference regulations, all sales must be consumed in the tented area. The left and right field locations will open two hours before first pitch. Beer and wine sales will end at the close of the 7th inning.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Some more game time set and some more changed:

LBSU Sunday game from 1:00 PM to 12:00 PM
    USF (2/19) game time set at 6:30 PM
    JU (2/26) game time set at 6:00 PM
    MSU (3/16) game time from 6:30 PM to 2:00 PM
    MSU (3/17) game time from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
    Vandy (3/22) game time set at 7:00 PM
    Vandy (3/22) game time set at 7:30 PM
    Vandy (3/23) game time set at 2:00 PM
    @ Ole Miss (4/5) game time set at 7:30 PM
    @ Ole Miss (4/6) game time set at 8:00 PM
    @ Ole Miss (4/7) game time set at 2:30 PM
    SC (4/11) game time set at 7:30 PM
    Kentucky (4/27) game time from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
    Kentucky (4/28) game time from 1:00 PM to 12:00 PM
    @ Georgia (5/5) game time from 1:00 PM to 12:30 PM
    Tennessee (5/11) game time from 6:30 PM to 3:00 PM
    @ Missouri (5/16) game time set at 7:30 PM
    @ Missouri (5/17) game time set at 7:30 PM
    @ Missouri (5/18) game time set at 1:00 PM

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If Sully wants one field trip in the OOC schedule in years where we play Miami at home maybe to an ACC school other than FSU, to Texas, or to a Pac-12 or Cali school. Too cold to go to the midwest for a Big Ten opponent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    SoCal please!! I would LOVE a baseball trip to see LBSU, Pepperdine, Fullerton, USC, UCLA, San Diego and San Diego St. It would be epic. Spend 10 days traveling from school to school and catch the Gators somewhere along the way!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1