Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

(WBK) 2019-2020 Schedule

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Sep 4, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Link to the 2019-2020 WBK Schedule:
    2019-20 Women's Basketball Schedule - Florida Gators

SEC Schedule Unveiled for Women’s Basketball
    Sam StolteUF
    Gators set to host eight league tilts including four against NCAA Tourney teams from a year ago.
    Florida women's basketball is set to host Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas and South Carolina at Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center.

Florida opens its conference season on the road for the third consecutive season as it travels to back-to-back league champion Mississippi State on Jan. 2 to kickoff SEC play. The Gators will also travel to Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Alabama and Georgia.

"Our student-athletes attend the University of Florida to challenge themselves in a number of areas. In particular, as athletes competing in the best and toughest conference in the country. With the release of our conference schedule, we can see once again that day in and day out it will be a grind; one that we can tell you our young ladies are excited for and are ready to embrace," said head coach Cameron Newbauer. "After a great summer in the classroom and on the court, we are eager to continue our preparations to attack the challenges that await us this year. We are grateful for the support Gator Nation provides us and cannot wait to see you all in the O'Dome this season."
    Competing against some of the nation's top talent in the rugged Southeastern Conference, four of UF's eight home opponents qualified for the 2019 NCAA Tournament and UF's eight home opponents averaged a win total of 17 a season ago.

SEC Schedule Unveiled for Women’s Basketball - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    I think we go:
    10-4 pre-conference;
    4-12 in the SEC;
    0-1 in the SEC-T.
    14-17 overall

3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    I would be slightly disappointed if that is the record but I can see it as a possibility. My expectation is we need to be around 16 wins (just over .500) in year 3. There is some talent and experience and familiarity with the system now so my hope is we make a significant jump. I'll be disappointed with under 500.... 16 or 17 wins acceptable.... 18 or 19 we are well on track to where we need to be....20 or more would be an amazing difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    I think next year is when we make the big jump. 2 consecutive roster overhauls set things back. But perhaps for the better, long-term.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    It is very possible but I think they have the team to surprise a few this year. If he has a third losing season his seat will be warm going to year 4 and recruiting could get shaky. Luckily the 2020 class will already be signed and we only need one more class to have all the talent and depth we need to fully compete in the SEC.

• Like Like x 2
  6. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Hopefully they can do:
    11-2 (are you counting Valdosta?)
    6-10 SEC
    1-1 in the SEC Tournament
    18-13 with a berth in the WNIT

I would be very disappointed with finishing below .500 again, especially with such a non-challenging pre-conference schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Junior

Mar 7, 2017
    I might even give them 11-3 to start the season.
    4 wins in conference is going to be tougher than most people think. Yes, we're better, but so is just about everybody else - and in some cases much.
    Getting to 14 wins is a big jump over last year, and while some consider it disappointing, I think it's a reasonable milestone. 19-20 wins? Lofty, but let's hope more than just a stretch possibility. There aren't any gimme W's in the conference any longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I agree and wish more folks had that mind set

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    I can stomach the losing season if the team is more competitive against the tournament teams. Can't be dropping games to sub-300 RPI teams and losing by 40 points to conference opponents. If they look well-polished this season, I might them a pass for not finishing above .500 due to the predicted improvement of the conference (not that I have any influence.lol).

10. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Does Valdosta State count?

11. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    No, but I like that we're playing a public exho for the first time in a decade or so?

• Informative Informative x 2